+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Transfer photos from PC to iPhone's Camera Roll??

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
You could you iFiles from app store, not iFile from Cydia
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You could you iFiles from app store, not iFile from Cydia

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't have iFile from Cydia. The transferring of files worked fine, just the order they appear on the device doesn't match the order it shows when I view them from the computer via iExplorer or iFunbox.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ck41 View Post
    Thanks for this! A big step in trying to get my Camera Roll the way it was/supposed to be. I am hoping someone can help me further though. I am working with an iPod Touch 4g, 5.0.1, jailbroken. After my jailbreak, I did not restore from a back up and lost my pics (purposely, the file names continued from when I first got my iPod and synced it from the back up of my iPhone, so the sequence started at like IMG_0330.JPG) Since the jailbreak I had been looking for a way to copy those pictures, now renamed to IMG_0002.JPG etc..., onto my iPod's Camera Roll and continue on my merry way. So the fix from noabody works like a charm. However, the order of the pics when they appear on the Camera Roll is not following proper order. I used Bulk Rename Utility to change the old files names to the new ones (IMG_0330 --> IMG_0002). I had one picture saved to my Camera Roll, hence starting at 0002. So I only copied a few pictures to make sure it worked properly. I copied IMG_0002 to IMG_0009 to /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE, then went to the PhotoData folder and deleted these files (I'm assuming the files aren't exactly the same cause of the difference between the generations of our iPods):
    Photos.sqlite
    Photos.sqlite.aside
    Photos.sqlite-shm
    Photos.sqlite-wal

after the first time I did this these files started showing up too and each time I tried to rebuild the Camera Roll, I deleted them with the 4 above:
    changes
    changes-wal

I also found DCIM_APPLE.plist in private/var/mobile/Media/PhotoData/MISC and deleted it but put it back after it didn't solve my problem.

So after I copied the photo files and deleted the similar files from the above post, I forced closed Photos and opened it up, happy to see that pictures were all there! Except for some reason the order didn't make any sense. The order as it showed in the Camera Roll was: IMG_0004, 7, 6, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 9. I did some researching and tried a few things before I came and wrote this novel. All of the "date modified" fields are in proper order along with the file names. I read somewhere that if the date properties are the same then it will sort in order of file name. So I used the Bulk Rename Utility to change the date properties of all the files and the order still did not change. I also used both iExplorer and iFunbox to access my iPod and both gave me the same results. So long story short, I'm stuck and that's what I've tried so far. Anybody have any other ideas??
    FOR ***** SAKE! I just finished 3 hours of getting back my settings and apps, just for the photos left - did that and now my damn photos app is completely black :@ I now have to restore again.. Do NOT do this

edit: PHEW I fixed it: delete everything except the folders from the private/var/mobile/Media/PhotoData/ + DCIM_APPLE.plist in private/var/mobile/Media/PhotoData/MISC. This aswell placed the photos in the right order
    Last edited by i.Annie; 01-28-2012 at 12:00 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fatmono View Post
    FOR ***** SAKE! I just finished 3 hours of getting back my settings and apps, just for the photos left - did that and now my damn photos app is completely black :@ I now have to restore again.. Do NOT do this

edit: PHEW I fixed it: delete everything except the folders from the private/var/mobile/Media/PhotoData/ + DCIM_APPLE.plist in private/var/mobile/Media/PhotoData/MISC. This aswell placed the photos in the right order

...so i did what ck41 but like u said it didnt work for me > ...it just cleared out my camera roll compelely...which is ok there wasnt anything i wanted in there but i canNOT figure out how to get the effing photos back in camera roll. i got the photos off of iexplorer and uploaded them from itunes but it now i have 2 folders containing exactly the same thing except the "photo library" is out of order and you cant delete the albums OR the photos. bull ****.

so id like to try and do what u said but im confused when u say delete everything...in what files? the private/var/mobile/media ? please help o.0

Green Apple
    Thanks

I deleted 2 things:

1. Go to "private/var/mobile/Media/PhotoData/" and delete every file (NO FOLDERS! just files) from that directory
    2. Delete private/var/mobile/Media/PhotoData/MISC/DCIM_APPLE.plist

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fatmono For This Useful Post:

ck41 (04-10-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Never mind 2008 thread. Delete
    Last edited by monkeydance; 02-06-2012 at 05:38 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for this. Worked for me too on an iPhone 4S, with 5.0.1. Just two additional steps: First, you need to reboot to get Camera Roll back; Second, you need to resync with iTunes to get the other folders in your Photos back. When I say "back," I mean just to re-appear -- the photos are still on your phone, you've just deleted the .plist etc. and they need to rebuild

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rogerinnyc For This Useful Post:

ck41 (04-10-2012), rtsylvia (07-21-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just reviewing the steps and help I found on this site when I was working with my iPod touch. going to jailbreak my 3GS and work at trying to recover my camera roll as it is now, except I want to change (re-name) the file names first (cause i'm OCD like that) so I don't have any gaps in my sequence. at least at the time of the jailbreak and i can keep modifying as I go, as long as I know it works.
    just a couple small things I came across when I did the iPod that someone else might find helpful or "good to know".
    1) the pictures that still were out of sequence as they appeared in my camera roll, all seemed to be pictures that were not actually taken with my camera. other images/pictures that I saved from the web or pictures sent to me were not placed in the same order that they appear in while viewing with something like iFunBox.
    2) I had a couple pictures with the wrong thumbnail. when i tapped on that picture to see it on full screen it was the correct picture. just using the auto enhance feature and saving the minor change, fixed the thumbnail issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I followed the method ck41 used and have the same issue. I dont have any proper order anymore. Which is really sad cause I relied on navigating my photos that way. Has anyone determined a fix for this yet? There has to be some way. I have 6.5k photos so most solutions are too taxing for me.

The weird part though, is that I can no longer take photos. I take a picture and it doesnt save. Period.

Any ideas on what could be done?
    Last edited by gratsoy; 06-04-2012 at 01:48 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No photos are in my camera roll and I cants save any photos, screenshots don't save, when I take photos they don't save too and I'm missing my 100Apple folder too
    I'm using an iPod touch 4 IOS 5.1.1
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You could try deleting
    Photos.sqlite
    Photos.sqlite-shm
    Photos.sqlite-wal
    And rebooting should rebuild any photos you have left

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    You could try deleting
    Photos.sqlite
    Photos.sqlite-shm
    Photos.sqlite-wal
    And rebooting should rebuild any photos you have left
    Thanks but I already figured out what to do
    I just deleted the photodata and DCIM folder, rebooted and took a screenshot
    Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem

Thanks
    Check this discussion to learn how to copy pictures back to iPhone Camera Roll.

I don't know why would anyone would want to transfer pictures to Camera Roll, we have iPhone gallery right? But to transfer photos from computer to iPhone is pretty much easy using Auto-Play option. This article explains it well.
    Last edited by amanda87; 10-30-2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: more information

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amanda87 View Post
    I don't know why would anyone would want to transfer pictures to Camera Roll, we have iPhone gallery right? But to transfer photos from computer to iPhone is pretty much easy using Auto-Play option. This article explains it well.
    that article explains the exact opposite of what this thread was originally asking. it tells you how to get pictures from your phone to your PC without itunes. people here wanted to do the opposite. pictures from PC to iphone.

Thanks
    Sir, if you read it carefully, I said something different. Link I provided above deals with how to transfer photos from iPhone to PC. I know the question is different, was just sharing my opinion.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Feel free to read the title of the thread and the contents. People were interested in moving pictures from PC to camera roll. Asking why anyone would want to do this then provide a link that doesn't answer anyone's question isn't helpful. I think most people contributing to this thread know how to transfer from iPhone to pc, pretty easy to figure out

Thanks
    No problem, I modified my original post.
    Last edited by amanda87; 10-29-2012 at 11:39 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

your first link tells you how to copy pictures from your PC to a separate photo album on your iphone, NOT your Camera Roll.
    your second link tells you how to get your photos from your Camera Roll to your PC.
    did I get that right, ma'am?

Thanks
    Now you're the one who is making this thread useless. If mods want they can delete/modify my post, so stop trolling. I'm outta here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Trying to make sense of your posts is now useless? Instead of clarifying your post you are running away. Hopefully cause you realized how unrelated your posts are to this topic.
    Leaving is the best contribution you've made to this thread.