Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone problem

Default Phone problem
    Hiya, my iphone doesnt black out anymore when i'm on a call, making it likely (and often) that I hang up or beep the numbers! When this happened I also lost the ability to answer other incoming calls when already on the phone. I'm assuming it happened when I downloaded an app for winterboard? Any help would be great!
    TIA

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

I doubt winterboard would have anything to do with th proximity sensor. I would try a restore, and if that doesnt work, then it could be a hardware issue, in which case, I hope you are still under warranty.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Default thanks chefanim
    I did a restore and no to the warranty as I'm operating an unlocked 2G phone in New Zealand. The screen won't go black when I hold it up to speak, its driving me crazy, I'm looking like a twat talking on the phone all day using my hands free!! lol! Any sugesstions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

The proximity detector still isn't working after a fresh restore? Is the screen dirty? Does the detector look damaged in any way? (look at it in th sunlight)

if the restore doesn't work then it is a hardware fault, and to get that fixed it will cost $