+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: customize strings

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ok so i can get customize to work on my 2.1, although when i go to edit system strings, nothing shows up, it doesnt list anything at all.. does anyone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default customize strings
    ok so i can get customize to work on my 2.1, although when i go to edit system strings, nothing shows up, it doesnt list anything at all.. does anyone know if there is something else i need to download from cydia or installer that will allow me to access strings through customize?

thanks for any help anyone can give me

p.s. im new to the forum so im hoping this is the right section if not, much appologies to the MODS..
    Last edited by imiusik; 11-14-2008 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Many people have had problems with customize, but its usually because the sources are gone for downloads. Your problem seems that the app itself does not work. Try deleting customize and reinstalling it because the system strings part should still work(works on mine). So try that and see...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My Customize just loads and fails. Can't even get to the Strings section. 2.1

Minimalistic Master
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,352 Times in 2,190 Posts

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I removed it and reinstalled it and everything, but for some reason when I go to edit system strings it says string files, but nothing shows up just blank screen, I don't know WTF is up with it, it doesn't crash but it doesn't let me edit the system strings like you should be able to right from the customize app

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's weird, I'm on 2.1 and just tried it and it still works. I've had it since 2.0 and never had a problem. Maybe the dl is messed up on cydia. Anyone else try it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Anybody know which set of strings is for incoming calls? When I get an incoming call, my string says SLIDE_TO_UNL (with the rest being off the slide). I assume I messed something up when editing in PuTTY.