Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 2.1 upgrade & restore problems

Default iphone 2.1 upgrade & restore problems
    i was having problems with my edge on winpwnd 2.0.2 2g iphone and i went to itunes and did a upgrade and restore to 2.1 and it worked but then when i went to restore from backup the phone restarted and got stuck on the apple logo with the spinning wheel...please help i did a search i know there is simalar problems ppl have had but i just couldnt find them. Thanks for your help!

Put your phone in DFU mode and restore to 2.1 again. Then setup as a new phone. Don't recover from a backup.

After that's done, simply sync your phone to restore music/contacts.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Piazza331 For This Useful Post:

howlett15 (11-12-2008)

i did the dfu restore...but i didnt know i could recover my contacts from itunes if i set up as new phone?i dont have contacts saved on computer just as a part of the back up...do you mind explaing how to do that?Thanks

Thanks

^That sucks. Search for a thread from me about this. I went 1.1.4 to 2.1 and had the same problem; I had to mess around with plists while in the spinning wheel of death using iPhoneBrowser. If you find the thread and don't understand it, repost in here; I'll try to help you personally.
    Respect your elders.

used piazza331's method and it worked...i didnt get everything back that i wanted like pictures,sms,and photos, but the important things like contacts and apps. So thanks alot! and thanks for the quick reply!

Thanks

^That got you contacts back?! Without them being saved on your computer? Niiice.

**** me, I wish I would have known that when I spent 10+ hours toying with plists to get all my stuff back from a corrupt restore.

Good for you, though. Glad you got it solved...
    Respect your elders.