+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Legit iPhone 3G Bought in Fido

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Would it be okay if I jailbreak the phone so I can install some games on it? Would it affect it's plan ($ wise)? Would it also get problems since
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Legit iPhone 3G Bought in Fido
    Would it be okay if I jailbreak the phone so I can install some games on it? Would it affect it's plan ($ wise)? Would it also get problems since it's on a plan (software wise)? Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nope, no problems. I am with Fido also, and have tons of jailbroken apps installed. Just make sure you have a data plan on your account, or if you don't, call Fido and get them to put an internet block on your account. The price of the plan doesn't have anything to do with the software you install on the iPhone.
    If my post was helpful to you, hit the thanks button!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the quick response. Sorry, what I meant by "would it have problems since it's on a plan.." is since it's already unlocked but not jailbroken, would it cost problems such as applications crashing. I'm just trying to be cautious of what I might deal with when I decide to QuickPwn my iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

No you shouldn't have an issues at all. As far as applications crashing, that is based on the application, not the fact that your phone is locked/unlocked, etc. Something crashing on your phone is just as likely to crash on anyone else's
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for all the info you both provided. It definitely gave me confidence on jailbreaking my phone. *crosses fingers*