+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS Text App Graphical Issues

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok guys im having an issue with the stock SMS text message app on my jailbroken iphone 3g on 2.1 firmware. Just the other day i got a text message
    Thanks

Default SMS Text App Graphical Issues
    Ok guys im having an issue with the stock SMS text message app on my jailbroken iphone 3g on 2.1 firmware.
    Just the other day i got a text message and when i opened it i noticed that when i scolled thru the message there was graphical type distortions on the top and the bottom of the screen.. And it frequently occurs now but i only notice it in the SMS app. the problem seems to correct itself if i close the SMS app and reopen it. But then it reoccurs again several texts later.

Has anyone else had or heard of this problem? And does this sound like a hardware problem with the phone or possibly just some sort of OS data corruption thats correctable with a restore?
    I really hate to restore the phone cause of all the cool apps and themes i have installed but if i gotta do it ill possibly wait till firmware 2.2 comes out later this month.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Screenshots would help us see what's going on?

Thanks

Thats a Great idea, i dont know why i havnt thought of that. I wonder if the built in iphone screenshot (home plus power/lock button) will capture the distortion? I will try to have everybody text me today so i can get some screenshots up.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I have had this issue too. Sometimes the bottom text box is gone too. I need to exit SMS and wait a sec and go back into it. I think it has to do with Winterboard and the font you have installed.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

This isn't uncommon. Little stuff like flickering... and issue with the bottom text box being gone... and misc other weird stuff is just side effects of jailbreaking/winterboard/sms themes/mobile substrate... etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    I have had this issue too. Sometimes the bottom text box is gone too. I need to exit SMS and wait a sec and go back into it. I think it has to do with Winterboard and the font you have installed.
    well i have no fonts installed and it does it reguardless of weather i have an sms theme applied with winterboard or if its just the stock apple theme.

I was thinkin i had a unique problem at first. I've been googleing this problem and have not been able to get any results and i was scared i might have some sort of physical hardware problem with my phone cause i have had my other 2 2g iphones unlocked and jailbroken for quite a while now and have never seen this.I have also had my 3G jailbroken for months now and this problem just arose a few days ago. Maybe its a unique problem for the 2.1 firmware. But now that i see other people have heard of or had this problem too makes me a lil more at ease.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    This isn't uncommon. Little stuff like flickering... and issue with the bottom text box being gone... and misc other weird stuff is just side effects of jailbreaking/winterboard/sms themes/mobile substrate... etc.
    I've had every single one of those issues,
    closing the SMS app and then re-opening it fixed it everytime. Sure it's annoying sometimes but it only happens once in a blue moon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IvanPK View Post
    I've had every single one of those issues,
    closing the SMS app and then re-opening it fixed it everytime. Sure it's annoying sometimes but it only happens once in a blue moon
    really? It happens to me several times a day sometimes. And then other days like today i text everybody under the sun trying to get it to reoccur so i can take a screenshot and i cant get it to happen once. Go figure

Thanks

Ok Guys i've Been Trying To Get a Screenshot for days now but every time i try to use the built in screenshot on the iphone it just corrects the problem and takes a screenshot of a perfectly normal SMS screen. Maybe ill just have to take a physical picture with my other iphone cause i do not own a regular digital camera.