+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fixing Completely Broken Screen

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
OK so yesterday I'm not sure how it happened but somehow my 1st gen iPhone's screen was completely broken, it could still be used but it was almost impossible to
    iPhone? More like MyPhone wareagle5693's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Fixing Completely Broken Screen
    OK so yesterday I'm not sure how it happened but somehow my 1st gen iPhone's screen was completely broken, it could still be used but it was almost impossible to see, and the top part where you listen when your on the phone broke off, and so I had it in my pocket today at school going to take it to the AT&T store just to see if they could do anything( which I figured they couldn't) and I ended up getting a nice new 16 Gig White 3G,but what I want to know is there any place I can send my iPhone to get it fixed so that I could return the 3G and stay with my old phone... which I like better than the 3G

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

The first-gen screen is all one piece (which includes the glass front, digitizer and LCD) and you can buy the part for about $150-$180. Which is expensive, and thats swapping it yourself. Dont know what labor would be.

So, for most peeps its really not worth it. Keep an eye on ebay and you could grab another first-gen for not much more than that.

Thanks

Thanks. But for that I think for that, I'll end up keeping the new one. I just hope that something like this doesn't happen with the other one, so I guess my next question would be what can I buy for my phone to protect it from having this happen again?

Thanks

A large box stuffed with cotton.

Seriously, a good case (non are completely gonna protect it) and just be GENTLE....this is probably the most sensitive phone I have ever owned.

Thanks

Haha, and thanks. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that I can keep this one in good condition for a while. Eventually I'm gonna start working for a friend as a Sprint phone salesman and will have to get a Sprint phone then... but never fear I'll always keep my iPhone!

Thanks

Sprint.....hmmmm.....yea better keep the iphone.

Thanks

haha, I can't realy say much because until I got the iPhone i had a sprint fone.. but haha i will probably only use the sprint fone when i'm working and when teh iphones dead lol