Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can I upgrade AnySim-unlocked iphone?

Default How can I upgrade AnySim-unlocked iphone?
    I have an iphone with 1.1.1 firmware that I unlocked with AnySim last year. In order to use a certain App, I need to upgrade to 2.0

I am very worried that my phone will be bricked if I try something incorrectly. What exactly should I do to upgrade to 2.0 ???

Thank you in advance for your help.

Are you using a Windows Machine?

I'm assuming you have a 1st or 2nd Gen iPhone since 3Gs never came with 1.1.1 firmware IIRC.

Get rid of the AnySIM. You don't need it as the 1st and 2nd Gen Baseband is able to be unlocked...

Backup everything on your phone. Restore it to a clean 1.1.1, then restore with a clean 2.0.2

Use WinPwn to unlock/activate/jailbreak it and restore it with the custom IPSW.

I upgraded my friend's locked 1.1.4 to 2.0.2 like that, and it worked out fine..

Thank you for the tips. Yes, I am using windows.

I have restored the iphone to 1.1.1, but I am unsure about how to get it to a 2.0.2, as now it says I need to activate the phone.

How come your only wanting to upgrade to 2.0? You do know there is a 2.1 FW out right?

Yes, I know 2.1 is available, but as far as I can tell, the pwnage tool only works up to 2.02.

Quote Originally Posted by islsk View Post
    Yes, I know 2.1 is available, but as far as I can tell, the pwnage tool only works up to 2.02.
    pwnage works with 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by DJSMITH View Post
    pwnage works with 2.1
    The one that I downloaded is called winpwn. It only lists up to 2.02

Is pwnage a different program altogether?

Here you need to use QUICKPWN to jailbreak 2.1 FW. CLICK HERE