+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Getting a new iPhone...Help please...

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So, I was "modding" my iPhone, and busted the antenna cover Well, long story short, I bought a new one (my old and new one are both 2nd gen). I
    iPhone? More like MyPhone JP101's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Getting a new iPhone...Help please...
    So, I was "modding" my iPhone, and busted the antenna cover Well, long story short, I bought a new one (my old and new one are both 2nd gen). I am going to try and fix my old one and give it to my fiancee. My question is, if I restore my new phone from an old backup, will all of my iTunes apps reinstall on it, or will it not recognize it since it is a difference serial?

Also, when she takes the phone, will the apps that are currently on the phone transfer over to her iTunes, or is she going to also have to redownload all the apps I put on it.

I know it sounds complicated, and I hope I explained it well enough to get the answers I am looking for.

Thanks!

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Your "backup" doesnt actually contain your apps. They are in your itunes like your music, etc. So when you sync then they will be put back on.

And I also believe your fiance will be fine, the apps on the phone should transfer to her itunes library.

Thanks

See, I was thinking that, too. But originally, she bought me an iTouch. When I bought my iPhone, I gave it to her. Now, I guess since she is signed in on the touch under her name for iTunes, it won't let her update the apps...

Thanks

Hmmm confusing.....if she is trying to use your old iphone and add the apps that were originally on the itouch to it.....correct?

If so, I would try restoring the phone in her itunes, choose "setup as new phone" when it completes and then sync.

I have probably "processed" 20 different iphones with my itunes library and have never had an issue syncing the apps. Keep in mind these were all after a fresh restore.

Thanks

I almost bought a 3G...I'm disappointed they can't be unlocked. I should get this on Thursday. I really hope everything goes smoothly...

Thanks

^^Well, they can....but its a sim-unlock. In my opinion better to just use a first-gen phone for now if your gonna unlock it.

Thanks

Yeah...its not like you can even use the 3G network on T-Mo...so, not worried about having to stick to a 2nd gen.

I just really hope all my purchases transfer over to the new phone.