Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone locks up

Default iPhone locks up
    just installed 2.1 a few days ago and now my phone locks up 3 or 4 times a day and i have to do a hard reset (hold both buttons for 8 seconds) to get it restarted. i cant recieve calls when it's locked up. so now i check my phone every hour or so to see if it the display will come up. any ideas?

idk im gonna have to say restore it. if it presists downgrade to your old firmware.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

After you restored did you set up the phone as NEW in iTunes? If not that's what you need to do. What apps have you installed?....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

armadillofz1 (11-11-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by poseidon79 View Post
    after you restored did you set up the phone as new in itunes? If not that's what you need to do. What apps have you installed?....
    not sure what that means. I installed itunes 8 and it asked me if i wanted to upgrade my phone to 2.1. I hit yes and off it went. Backed up my phone, upgraded and restored info. Everything looked right from there. I had jailbroken (with ziphone) in 1.4. Now just non-jailbroken 2.1 only apps i have are phonezap FROM APPSTORE.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Ah.. there's the problem. If you hit the UPGRADE button instead of the RESTORE button it can cause lots of issues when you re-jailbreak. Your best course of action is hit RESTORE. Then use quickpwn to rejailbreak... then plug back into iTunes. When iTunes asks if you want to set up a NEW iphone profile or set up from a back-up you choose NEW. Then resync your contacts and pictures or whatever.

not going to re-jailbreak. i think i'm happy with the appstore for apps.

im having the same problem
    ive resorted to using insomnia