Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: is there an app that can...

Default is there an app that can...
    "clean up" the iphone, as far as registry and dean links inside the phone. is there such thing. Is there a cleaner, ie CCleaner for PC, is there such thing for the iphone that performs the same options.

There's no need for anything like this. If you have a slow phone, it has nothing to do with "dead links" or anything. It's because of all the third-party apps you have running. It's not meant to run so much stuff. Jailbreaking it means you accept that it might run slowly in exchange for those extra features.

Quote Originally Posted by _ducky View Post
    There's no need for anything like this. If you have a slow phone, it has nothing to do with "dead links" or anything. It's because of all the third-party apps you have running. It's not meant to run so much stuff. Jailbreaking it means you accept that it might run slowly in exchange for those extra features.
    oh cuz i dont have a lot app, i dont think, but these dead links/temp files/missing shortcuts etc will slow down a comp. eventually so i was think the same way for the iphone, i guess not, for ppc the have pocket mechanic/SK tools so i thought there was a clean up app/ optimize app that could increase ram

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Best, ok...only way to "clean" up your phone is to do a restore and start fresh.

Depending on the apps your run your phone could run great or not. The most noticable difference you'll see in performance is when using apps that run in the background like Winterboard, especially when using html scripts which change images, pin to update info (like weather updates) or video wallpapers.

The worst things to run are "daemons" which also run tasks in the background....an example would be "intelliscreen" or "backgrounder"....these can take up alot of cpu, memory (they are hogs) and battery life....and can create an unstable environment.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

rico002 (11-11-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Best, ok...only way to "clean" up your phone is to do a restore and start fresh.

Depending on the apps your run your phone could run great or not. The most noticable difference you'll see in performance is when using apps that run in the background like Winterboard, especially when using html scripts which change images, pin to update info (like weather updates) or video wallpapers.

The worst things to run are "daemons" which also run tasks in the background....an example would be "intelliscreen" or "backgrounder"....these can take up alot of cpu, memory (they are hogs) and battery life....and can create an unstable environment.
    hmmm....i was tryin' to avoid that, but thanks for the heads up on those apps. i was always used to making me phone perform in the most efficient manner, so even a modicum of lag and i would flip, so maybe my lag/instability isnt that bad...i thnk an app like this wouldnt hurt. just to clear ram and search files just in case there might be so missin' links/cookies or etc.

Thanks

No prob. BigBoss has a nice write-up on this on the site you can go check out.

iPhone battery | iPhone News, Help and Guides

its funny, i had vwallaper enabled in the background after i removed the app, and winterboard running too, so when i went to disable winterboard to see if there was an improvement there was the vid wallpaper hogging all the ram. good thing i disabled vid wallpaper that really slowed my phone down. sooooo my phone is back at it like a bad habit.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i noticed if i leave winterboard uninstalled my phone works much better

Thanks

Hahaha, yup.