+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Ringtone Maker via iTunes

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Will release today. says Steve Jobs of Apple, Inc. Get it while its HOT! each ringtone will cost $.99 and will easily sync with iPhone. more info www.apple.com or www.itunes.com
    Thanks

Default New Ringtone Maker via iTunes
    Will release today. says Steve Jobs of Apple, Inc.

Get it while its HOT!

each ringtone will cost $.99 and will easily sync with iPhone.

more info www.apple.com or www.itunes.com
    Gratitude,
    mrengles

Thanks
    Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,156 Posts

Hmm who needs that now? and why give them every single penny I'm working for? Rediculous as if the phone itself and every restriction it has w/o paying to look at it alone is not enough?

By the time they open the phone up (to what should be free) the rest of us will have the phone we dreamed of, what a shaft it was to buy this phone and see we could not install one single app on it that "we want and need!" untillllll they think it time to throw us a bone here and there "and" for a fee each and every time!

If this stupid phone was not sooo sexy I would have saved my money and stuck w/ my ppc! but you have to admit the phone blows everything else out of the water on the sexy meter! *sigh*
    Last edited by Doreen; 09-05-2007 at 11:42 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It's a legal issue, the music companies previously had specific language in their agreements preventing purchased songs from being used as ringtones. Obviously new contracts are in place that have worked around this. Not all purchased songs are eligible to be ringtones, I'm sure that contracts are still being worked on for those tunes.

What isn't clear is if ringtones can be made from other songs in your library, that were not purchased through the store, and obviously not subject to the same restrictions, and if iTunes can handle other ringtones that folks may already have created.