Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: in need of help

Default in need of help
    i posted this in the att section and havent gotten any replies so maybe someone in here can help.
    About 2 weeks ago the att network for my area went down for about 24 hours.(No calling,no texting, unable to browse safari, ect.
    Well when it did get back up everything was fine untill i noticed safari couldnt even open google, i would get a server stopped responding error,every once in a while i could get through to some web sites but it was sooo slow. I called the att store to see if something was wrong and they said it should be working and for me to hold down sleep and home untill my phone restarted but that didnt work. I haven't restored my phone yet, thats sorta a last resort.
    I have hughes net at my house which goes out if its rainy or cloudy so i have tethered edge to my computer a couple of times but im not sure if that would be the problem or not.
    If anyone has any ideas please post something! Thanks!

Well after my un pleasnt spinning wheel restore/update edge seems to be working normally! Weird problem though and very ironic :S
    Last edited by howlett15; 11-12-2008 at 10:59 PM. Reason: possible fix

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see why it would be tethering that has you messed up, unless of course you think ATT has locked your data because they caught you tethering? This is a possibility but we have heard of nobody else that has had that happen, so you would be a first, at least in this forum. Did you change any software or anything shortly before the issue? It is hard for anyone to really tell you what to do if they don;t know what you have done with your phone. Are you on a 3G? 2.1 firmware? Does the net EVER work or has it just completely not worked since it went down that one day? Let us know

Just an FYI I may not be able to help you even with this information (although I will try), but it is info. that will be nice to have for everyone wanting to help
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

howlett15 (11-11-2008)

thanks...im on the 2g iphone and im on 2.02 i have been for a while (winpwn grr lol) but i havent installed anything out of the ordinary just mainly themes and stuff.
    the net does work sometimes but it is much much slower. It is very annoying and its just weird to me that it started acting like this after the network was down.
    Thanks for your reply and trying to help me out i appreciate it!

Also, i have a new cocker spaniel, couldnt help but to notice your picture and the fact that you are going to vet school.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I suspect that if you didn't change anything it MIGHT be the ATT service OR hardware. Either way the best thing to do them might be to just do a restore and check. If the problem persists call ATT and tell then you JUST DID a restore and nothing has fixed. They should swap the phone out if its hardware or compensate you if its their towers in your area.

Aesome about the cocker. That picure isn't of mine (mine is WAYYYYYY cuter :P ) He is a blonde 2 year old abd his name is Botond How old and what color is your little one?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

ok thanks, i will probably just have to do that. Hopefully they will be able to and not make a big deal that my phone is about a year old and has a cracked screen and dent in the back lol which happend about 5 months ago.

Bella is actually my girlfriends cocker but im usually the one taking care of her.She was rescued by one of her friends and then we took her in. The vet said she was at least a year old but she seems younger to me because she still bites hands and chews her toys to shreds but im sure he knows more than me lol. Oh and she is black with white spots and has a brown eye and blue eye!

well the restore seems to have worked....dang i was hoping if it didnt i could get a shinny new one at apple or att's expense lol