+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: new macbook, can i backup iphone without losing anything?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Long story short, i sold my old macbook and got a new one. On my old macbook everything on my iphone was backed up via iTunes (apps, contacts, music, etc...).
    iPhone? More like MyPhone flrdotcom's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face new macbook, can i backup iphone without losing anything?
    Long story short, i sold my old macbook and got a new one. On my old macbook everything on my iphone was backed up via iTunes (apps, contacts, music, etc...). Before i sync my phone with my new macbook, i need to know is it going to erase everything since its synced with my old laptop?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

no, when u first plug it first in, it'll ask you if you want to erase OR merge.

select merge, then let itunes to sync everything, import your contacts, and toher stuff.

you wont retain your music but it should import your apps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alperovich For This Useful Post:

flrdotcom (11-10-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone flrdotcom's Avatar
    Thanks

thank you i appreciate it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Log-in in to your iTunes account on your new Mac and then sync as normal. You'll be asked if you want to copy stuff from your iPhone to Mac (which you probably want to do) and then you should be able to continue as normal. Remember to authorize your new Mac with your iTunes account as well.
    Besides there is a step by step instruction on how to transfer or backup iPhone contents to Mac.
    Hope it can do you a favor.
    Last edited by Altern; 04-05-2011 at 12:18 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Altern View Post
    Log-in in to your iTunes account on your new Mac and then sync as normal. You'll be asked if you want to copy stuff from your iPhone to Mac (which you probably want to do) and then you should be able to continue as normal. Remember to authorize your new Mac with your iTunes account as well.
    Besides there is a step by step instruction on how to transfer or backup iPhone contents to Mac.
    Hope it can do you a favor.
    Yes, the first sync won't erase data if you're using the same iTunes account. Make sure itunes is set to not automatically sync when connecting the iPhone. Yes you can also restore from the old backup if things go wrong.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Launch iPhone to Mac Transfer software, and connect your iPhone with Mac, you will see all information about your iPhone, such as type, capacity, version, serial number, and format, will be shown on the main interface.
    Above information is come from a article I have found online,here I share it for you How to transfer contents from iPhone to Mac

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to transfer iPhone files to Mac, copy iPhone data/content to Mac