+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I want to break free from this cycle of replacing my iphone 3G!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
This is going to be my 5th iphone 3g being replaced! for the past 4 months since the iphone 3g's release in july, i have had 4 iphone 3gs already!
    Thanks

Default I want to break free from this cycle of replacing my iphone 3G!
    This is going to be my 5th iphone 3g being replaced! for the past 4 months since the iphone 3g's release in july, i have had 4 iphone 3gs already! all white 16gb, and the reason i kept on replacing was becasue of the stupid hhairline cracks on the back!!! I want to break free from this vicous cycle of buying and selling and replacing another iphone once it begins to get the cracks!!! im sick of this phone and i dont want to replace my iphone every month!! im losing $100 just by selling and buying another iphone! What other phones out there can i use that can replace the iphone 3g's capabilities. i know of htc touch hhd or sony ericsson xperia... i basically want something like an iphone... and i know its gona be a pain in the *** to sync my music without itunes!!! Oh Apple!!! why did u make such an inferior product! i was so happy with the 1st gen iphone that for 5 months it looked brand new!! and now this!! hell no... im not gona replace my iphone every month just for some stupid crack!! i wana break free!!!

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

get a case...then you wont have to see the crack...hope that will somewhat deter you from hating the phone because of the hairline.

Rip
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I wonder what the common factor in your littany of cracked iPhones is?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

got the 16gb white one and have never had any issues with it. I got a nice case 40 bucks from apple store its called iskin revo2 it really protects the product. I havent checked my back much lately but I will look it over. I wounder if its the phone or mabey something your doing causing it. Maybe I will start to get them down the road. Ive had my iphone for about 2.5 months.

Thanks

im on my 3rd 3g, and yes the build quality does suck compared to the 2g.

however, compare it to the new htc g1 and even the iphone 3g is superior imo.

but, if your looking for another phone, wait for a new android handset / get the g1 from ebay. my brother has got one and the phone is good enough to replace the iphone, and the software is going to go from strength to strength.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am also totally ANAL about crasks... but not enough to sink $100 into just getting rid of the crack. By the way are you not an ATT user? You should be able to just straight take it to Apple and get it swapped out. I own a white phone as well and have not had a crack yet. I put on a zagg invisible shield since day one and also have a bunch of capsule rebels to switch around. Not sure if any of that matters for the hairline cracks (I have heard of people who had them from new in box phones)... also fewer people have had the issue from the black phone.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

^^^^^another reason why im glad i kept my 1st gen
    Verizon iPhone 4 jailbroken
    iOS 4.2.8
    I'm a NY GIANT!!!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Get a black one and you will not see the cracks

Thanks

i had a car once...

but i had to replace it cause the ashtrays were full...
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

Thanks

ok guys.. i went to the apple store today... made a genius reservation last night, and i got served 20 mins after my scheduled time. the guy asked me a bunch of questions like did u drop it, where do you usually put it, etc... and then he replaced my iphone. He whipped out an iphone that came in a regular plain white box. ive read here in the internet about replacement phones coming in white plain boxes. and so he was setting it up and he gave me the replacement phone, and as i was about to leave, i checked the phone thoroughly, and there it was, another crack at the bottom right out of the box! I pointed out to the guy that there was a crack, and he said he cant make a replacement for every single iphone, he said theres gona be some minor cosmetic defects in some iphones, and he pointed out that he made an exception for me earlier because the warranty doesnt include cosmetic defects. that is so bull!!! i mean, the only reason people buy iphones is because its beautiful! its like buying a ferrari with a dent on the bumper!!! so i told him that just in case this develops to a bigger crack, i can come back here to replace it, he said again that he cant replace every single iphone. i get what hes saying like he doesnt wanna open all the iphone boxes until he finds a perfect one. so then i left. but it just proves that these iphones are defective right out of the box!!. this just left a dent on my faith on apple's products. im almost sure that this small hairline crack is gona grow and become bigger, and im off to the apple store again. yes ive been using leather case with this phone and ive been babying it, careful not to drop or place it on a table bare naked. it seems that apple just chose the wrong material for its 3g model and i hope the next one goes back to aluminum or is more sturdier than plastic.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm on my third... the first one had abysmal battery life and the second stopped taking a charge. So far this one is doing quite well but that doesn't mean it's going to last. I'm thinking I should put Apple Care on it before it's too late.

Thanks

i hope that people purchase this phone for other reasons other then its 'beautiful'.

And concerning Ferraris, its a commonly known fact that the paint is the absolute worse paint ever. You spend half a mil on a freaking car and when you drive it for any lenght of time, you'll start seeing plastic on the front in no time.

Watch the gumball 3000 at the end and look which car has the most paint damage.

Those plain white boxes arent new, they are refurbs from customers who had hardware/software issues and were fixed to be used when someone else with a used phone comes in with a real problem.

Thanks

I've had 7 (seven) iPhone 3G's. Between dead pixels and broken vibrate switches, I can't seem to get a good one. I wish I hadn't bought the thing in the first place.

The Apple Store people give out refurbs, so now I have to wait for Fedex to phones in and out for me. It's ridiculous. But honestly, with Apple and AT&T robbing us the way they are, I don't care how much crap I have to go through, I'm getting a perfect phone for my perfect $199 + $120/mo.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Replacing an iPhone 4 times because of a single hairline crack indicates the serial killer in you.

OCD can be controlled with drugs.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Stop caring about your phone so much. You probably wear socks with holes in them and faded panties.
    To live, you have to lie

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vincentpjimenez View Post
    i mean, the only reason people buy iphones is because its beautiful! its like buying a ferrari with a dent on the bumper!!!
    I agree with you completely... i'd be pissed too... Wouldnt it be great to get a 3g iphone made with a kevlar backing?! no cracks and bullet proof!!!

Thanks

I might be the odd man out here, but personally, i spend more time looking at the front of my phone, you know, where the screen is, as opposed to giving it a physical exam every morning...

Oh snap, i got a finger print on the screen...

WHY DOES GOD HATE ME!!!

Life is soooo unfair.

I need a taco.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Replacing an iPhone 4 times because of a single hairline crack indicates the serial killer in you.

OCD can be controlled with drugs.
    LOL one1 you are bad..... I have OCD and drugs don't help! And drugs are not the answer he was looking for! LOL

I would be upset as well..... I don't want any cracks in my phone either... I would have a fit! But I have protection on mine and have not had a problem..... its called handle with care.....

Thanks

Maybe these websites can help you in your time of EMO crisis.

www.sandyvag.com

www.tissueforyourtears.com

www.myanusisbleeding.com

God dayum, just learn to take car of you stuff!!!

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vincentpjimenez View Post
    This is going to be my 5th iphone 3g being replaced! for the past 4 months since the iphone 3g's release in july, i have had 4 iphone 3gs already! all white 16gb, and the reason i kept on replacing was becasue of the stupid hhairline cracks on the back!!! I want to break free from this vicous cycle of buying and selling and replacing another iphone once it begins to get the cracks!!! im sick of this phone and i dont want to replace my iphone every month!! im losing $100 just by selling and buying another iphone! What other phones out there can i use that can replace the iphone 3g's capabilities. i know of htc touch hhd or sony ericsson xperia... i basically want something like an iphone... and i know its gona be a pain in the *** to sync my music without itunes!!! Oh Apple!!! why did u make such an inferior product! i was so happy with the 1st gen iphone that for 5 months it looked brand new!! and now this!! hell no... im not gona replace my iphone every month just for some stupid crack!! i wana break free!!!
    Go to your home owners or your parents and put insurance on it and if you get cracks tell them you dropped it because this is what this type of insurance is for and they will replace it.... by giving you money to buy a new one..... the insurance is only like $24.00 a year as this is what I pay..... it will cover anything besides software issues....

Quote Originally Posted by mike1114 View Post
    Maybe these websites can help you in your time of EMO crisis.

This Web site coming soon

www.tissueforyourtears.com

My Anus Is Bleeding

God dayum, just learn to take car of you stuff!!!
    Have you checked out these sites lately?
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 11-12-2008 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost