+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I want to break free from this cycle of replacing my iphone 3G!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, Thanks to all those who shared their disappointments and woes about the hairline cracks on the white iphone 3g!!! Its been almosty 2 months since i posted this rant
    Thanks

Default After 2 months...
    Hi, Thanks to all those who shared their disappointments and woes about the hairline cracks on the white iphone 3g!!! Its been almosty 2 months since i posted this rant regarding my almost never ending saga of replacing and buying white iphones. Well, i made a leap of faith! I purchased a black iphone 3g 16gb on late november, and up until now (Feb 21, 09) it is still with me and i havent replaced it! Well, I guess as long as i dont see a crack im happy. Ive never really gotten the opportunity to closely look at it for any hairlines cracks, but what the heck, its better not knowing, and besides, its so hard to find it on the black iphone. So there it goes, i think as long as i "know" there are no hairline cracks, im just happily sticking with it.

By the way, for those of you who recently bought a fresh batch of white 3g iphones, do they still have hairline cracks?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vincentpjimenez View Post
    Hi, Thanks to all those who shared their disappointments and woes about the hairline cracks on the white iphone 3g!!! Its been almosty 2 months since i posted this rant regarding my almost never ending saga of replacing and buying white iphones. Well, i made a leap of faith! I purchased a black iphone 3g 16gb on late november, and up until now (Feb 21, 09) it is still with me and i havent replaced it! Well, I guess as long as i dont see a crack im happy. Ive never really gotten the opportunity to closely look at it for any hairlines cracks, but what the heck, its better not knowing, and besides, its so hard to find it on the black iphone. So there it goes, i think as long as i "know" there are no hairline cracks, im just happily sticking with it.

By the way, for those of you who recently bought a fresh batch of white 3g iphones, do they still have hairline cracks?
    Congratulations :-)
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

Green Apple
    Thanks

If its driving you that crazy buy a new metal backplate from somewere and replace it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just an update.

Got a refurb White iPhone last month. Perfect when I got it. No drops, well taken care of. A month later, hairline crack by the silent switch.

Thanks

Default thanks bro
    whoa.. i guess i wont get the white anymore. its true that once you go black you never go back!

ill just buy the new iPhone 3.0 in june!

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123