Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 53 of 53

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Am I the only one who hates iTunes?

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    So your counterargument to my post is that you can switch windows and zoom on OS X. Err... yeah, I've toootally been crushed.

    Quote Originally Posted by reeko
    if you say we are restricted, everything i did on windows i have managed to find an alternative for in os x. even if i couldnt, i could just bootcamp windows onto it if i had to. could you do this on your pc so that itunes ran properly?
    Yes, it's called VMware, and there are alternatives to it too. Except my whole point is that iTunes isn't a decent app. So why would I go out of my way to run it? Great job at reading my posts. Besides, when we don't like an app on Windows, we don't go emulating other OS's just to get it to work. We look for alternatives. You should try it sometime. Break out of your Apple box.

    i thought the same and had the same points as you fanboys, it wasnt until i actually used a mac, and owned a mac that i realised the truth. im sure you will see the light someday. you can always come back and edit your post afterwards.

    and surely by buying and owning an iphone you are declaring that apple pwns windows? even if its only at a mobile level, you agree that apple pwn windows?
    Not even a little bit. Just because I own an iPhone doesn't mean I think it's better than Windows at all. Plus, iPhone OS has nothing at all to do with Windows. So I'm not sure what track you're on.
    oh yeah, just a last note, how much is your ANTI-VIRUS software annually?
    $0.00. Viruses don't just "show up" on your PC. If you know how to use a computer, you won't get spyware or viruses.

    And by the way, I'm not sure that "Yeah nobody cares about Mac so nobody makes viruses for us" is the best antivirus strategy I've ever heard.
    Considering your post, reeko, I don't think you have the right to accuse anyone of being a fanboy. <_<

    Neither of your arguments are of substance.
    Last edited by _ducky; 11-14-2008 at 06:06 AM.

  2. #42
    IMO, iTunes + Windows sucks. I use it, but I like having more advanced control over my music. I go all the way down to how the file is named/case. If I could afford a mac then sure, I'd buy one. It's too easy to put a cracked XP on it to dual boot. But seriously, it seems that Apple intentionally makes iTunes run slow on Windows... It takes a minimum of 15 seconds to go from 'Music' to 'Movies' on my machine. And no, I really don't have that much media on my laptop.

    BTW for Windows users: MediaMonkey now supports syncing with iPhone 3G. It's audio only, but man it is fast! :-). If only MM did video, I'd soooo be done with iTunes.

    Do I hate iTunes? Not really, it works decently and syncs my iPhone well. Do I like iTunes? No.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

  3. #43
    Yeah, iTunes sucks one bit!

    If you are looking for a fast easy-to-use alternative to iTunes, check this blog out:

    http:​/​/ipodmanagers​.blogspot​.com​/

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to DebbieFlincher For This Useful Post:

    Kelly.Baxton (06-06-2009)

  5. #44
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,564
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 166 Times in 136 Posts

    no substance? mac requires no antivirus software. with a pc, you switch it on and connect to the internet with no anti virus and your open to attack. fullstop. dont pussy foot around that single fact. and AVG is far from full proof, i know personally of 3 people that have obtained worms whilst running AVG. so anti-virus software is a pc users TAX in my eyes.

    ive only been using my mac for under a year, i have been using windows for the last 19 years of my life before that, so dont make personal assumptions. the fact that i said i was an apple CONVERT should have been enough for that?

    hell, ive uninstalled xp of my laptop for os x and uninstalled vista from the home desktop for os x. its just my preference.

    fact is, windows is no more superior than os x and vice versa. i have a preference and opinion, and mine is that os x is better, much better. if you dont like that, go cry into bill gates arms or whoever the new bum bandit at microsoft is.

    the alternative apps in os x are not emulated? i dont understand your point here? vmware is an emulation and doesnt utilize the hardware properly. its for poor people that cant afford an over-priced mac but appreciate how much better an os os x is compared to windows.

    also, windows mobile 6.5 is designed by the people at, you guessed it, windows. and guess where os x mobile is designed..... you got it! so in my eyes, when you use os x mobile on the iphone, you get to appreciate everything that apple do as they have taken everything from the desktop os into mobile possible, to give it the same feel, much the same as windows has. so by preferring an iphone with os x on it as opposed to a windows based mobile, you are clearly declaring that at least at a mobile level you prefer apple and os x. there is no argument here.

    your argument has no substance whatsoever, and this whole thing is going no where. you have probably never used os x before, properly, day to day, and until then you will never be able to understand how good itunes is on apple os x.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine


    LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

    Suck it up, Sucker

  6. #45
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,318
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

    Reeko, you're arguing with a windows flag waiving, been on the site 13 days having pube. Let's go get a drink and enjoy the rest of the site. He'll wander away soon enough, not enough like him around here for company.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

  7. #46
    Livin the iPhone Life 461am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,241
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 183 Times in 159 Posts

    ^no need for that kind of talk.

  8. #47
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,318
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 461am View Post
    ^no need for that kind of talk.
    No need for you to be in the conversation.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

  9. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    no substance? mac requires no antivirus software. with a pc, you switch it on and connect to the internet with no anti virus and your open to attack. fullstop. dont pussy foot around that single fact. and AVG is far from full proof, i know personally of 3 people that have obtained worms whilst running AVG. so anti-virus software is a pc users TAX in my eyes.
    Why would you assume I use AVG? I use no antivirus. I scan, yes, but I have no worms. I know how to use a computer. I know not to click links just because they say "FREE RINGTONE DOWNLOADS!!!!" As for outside attacks, I'm behind a hardware firewall. And by the way, don't be so smug. The fact that you don't get viruses has nothing to do with Mac OS being more secure. It's not. You get no viruses because virus makers don't bother targeting you, with your silly single-digit market share.

    Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    ive only been using my mac for under a year, i have been using windows for the last 19 years of my life before that, so dont make personal assumptions. the fact that i said i was an apple CONVERT should have been enough for that?

    hell, ive uninstalled xp of my laptop for os x and uninstalled vista from the home desktop for os x. its just my preference.

    fact is, windows is no more superior than os x and vice versa. i have a preference and opinion, and mine is that os x is better, much better. if you dont like that, go cry into bill gates arms or whoever the new bum bandit at microsoft is.
    I would be more than willing to agree with you. It's just a preference. But then when you say something childish like "cry into his arms blah blah" your argument kind of goes in the garbage.

    Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    the alternative apps in os x are not emulated? i dont understand your point here? vmware is an emulation and doesnt utilize the hardware properly. its for poor people that cant afford an over-priced mac but appreciate how much better an os os x is compared to windows.
    When you want an equivalent to a Windows program on a Mac, and it's not there, you have to go emulating Windows. Yes, it's true.

    And speaking of overpriced, I'm not sure you should be proud of paying that Apple tax. When you run Windows, you can decide what actually goes in your computer, and you can build it yourself, without paying obscene amounts of cash to a single company. You're getting ripped off; be angry, not happy.


    Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    also, windows mobile 6.5 is designed by the people at, you guessed it, windows. and guess where os x mobile is designed..... you got it! so in my eyes, when you use os x mobile on the iphone, you get to appreciate everything that apple do as they have taken everything from the desktop os into mobile possible, to give it the same feel, much the same as windows has. so by preferring an iphone with os x on it as opposed to a windows based mobile, you are clearly declaring that at least at a mobile level you prefer apple and os x. there is no argument here.
    Wrong. It's only Apple that claims to have "OS X on the iPhone!". It doesn't. It's a separate OS. Microsoft has never claimed that Windows Mobile is a port of Windows to the phone. It's a separate OS. The difference is, Microsoft admits it, Apple doesn't. Plus, iPhone OS isn't even that great. Mobile Safari crashes CONSTANTLY, iPhone doesn't even have MMS which my ancient RAZR can do, and you claim Windows Mobile sucks, but it can still do something fabulous that Apple publicly refuses to implement: copy and paste. For a full list of grievances, look around this forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    your argument has no substance whatsoever, and this whole thing is going no where. you have probably never used os x before, properly, day to day, and until then you will never be able to understand how good itunes is on apple os x.
    I've used OS X. I prefer Windows. It would be stupid for me to argue against something that I haven't properly experienced. And if you read what I wrote, you'd understand that I know iTunes is great on OS X. But that doesn't matter. When they port something to Windows, it HAS to work on Windows. You can't make the excuse that "Oh, it's good somewhere else, try this." That doesn't work.

  10. #49
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,564
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 166 Times in 136 Posts

    dude, stop dissecting my posts like its for an english degree or something, truth is im not that bothered about this whole argument. you my friend are just a ****.

    apple call os x on the iphone mobile os x. it has the influences of os x on a mobile platform, the same as windows mobile 6. it is a mobile platform, for mobile devices, designed and influenced by microsoft windows. exactly as i said before. and by buying and using an iphone you are declaring that os x on a mobile level is better. so shut up.

    no hardware firewall here and no windows emulating. my oint was i need no firewall as os x is very secure, unlike windows, as every windows user needs a firewall of some description. also, a pc connected to the internet is open to attack from worms and virus'. strategically avoiding suspicious is far from enough to protect yourself. simply connecting to the internet on a pc with no antivirus software is potentially enough to get a virus.

    im also running with a discounted mac mini and an advent 4211 with os x installed on it as my macbook. hardly apples premium rates, that i cant afford, but thats another argument. ive paid 640 for a desktop with digital output to my 32" tv (which plays front row beautifully may i add) and a portable macbook. also look into osx86 buddy, we arent just limited to apples hardware.

    YOU HONESTLY TOLD ME TO "LOOK AROUND THIS FORUM"? IVE BEEN A MEMBER SINCE ..... MY 691 POSTS STARTED ON WHICH DATE AND SPAN HOW LONG?......MMS = welcome to email buddy, tell your buddies about this great new thing called email aswell because if everyone used it there would be no operator tax for sending a substandard cropped image as opposed to emailing a full size image.

    in one of my previous posts in this thread i actually said "lets not turn this into mac vs. windows" which is exactly what you have done.

    sorry to the thread starter and anyone else involved in what was a discussion/debate, this guy just seems intent on jumping on my **** on everything i say. you've wasted 50 posts, start doing something good for the modmyi community with the rest. this whole thing is going nowhere
    im gonna join you for that drink now one1 ....
    Last edited by reeko; 11-14-2008 at 09:01 PM.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine


    LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

    Suck it up, Sucker

  11. #50
    Livin the iPhone Life 461am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,241
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 183 Times in 159 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    No need for you to be in the conversation.
    No need to be so arrogant.

  12. #51
    You're seriously going along with "MMS sucks, use email" thing? Really? Here's a crazy idea... Not everyone has an email-capable phone with an unlimited data plan. Oh, they should just get iPhones, right? Great.

    You can't cut off basic features and claim it's the wave of the future. Apple can't get away with crap like that. Again, if you'r prepared to defend them even when they make mistakes, you completely blind yourself at times when you might be losing out.

    Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    you my friend are just a ****... so shut up...
    this guy just seems intent on jumping on my **** on everything i say...
    'kay, you're starting with the twelve-year-old talk, and you know what they say about arguments on the Internet, so let's just agree to disagree. Pitiful that you can't carry on what was actually a good discussion without getting upset and calling names, but that's what it is. Same deal with your friend one1, he seems to be lashing out at random people in the thread now...

    Enjoy yourself.

  13. #52
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,318
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

    Flapping them lips, diggin that grave. You'll see...
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

  14. #53
    Livin the iPhone Life Chase817's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,463
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked 91 Times in 65 Posts

    This thread is getting a little out of control. iTunes is clearly the best media program out there
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •