+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stolen iPhone

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by z3r01 shouldve installed one of those trackers for the iphone... where do you find a iphone tracker?
    iPhone? More like MyPhone flrdotcom's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    shouldve installed one of those trackers for the iphone...
    where do you find a iphone tracker?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by river4099 View Post
    Police in Washington actually would obtain and execute a search warrant over a stolen iPhone? I'm impressed, may be there's not much crime to fight or traffic to control in Washington. Also, what insurance would pay for a stolen iPhone? I assume home owner insurance? Last time I asked a SF police Sgt about looking for stuff stolen from me, he basically told me that the stolen properties have to almost land on their lap then they would notify me, no one is going to go look for my stuff.
    The reason why is that you can articulate that this is an access device for you financial records if you have pin #s and passwords and account info on you phone and also it is easy to get the phone # and address for the person using it.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrsidewayzz View Post
    im going to put a phone lock on my iphone now. if i lose it, i hope its no way for them to use it since im on t-mobile. =
    Hahaha, would be cracked in 2 minutes....if they had a clue about the phone

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This is most unfortunate. I do sort of understand ATT and why they are doing this. You see, who is to say that you didn't sell the phone for cash and now want to screw the person over just because you can? If you get the police involved I am sure you can get something resolved by working with them along with ATT but the sad reality is there are people that steal and people that screw others over on a business deal leading companies like ATT to not want to deal with it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^^Is the sad reality of owning a GSM phone.

Thanks

if you could get your phone back- you wouldn't buy another one...it's all about money, remember? it would be simple to find and bust anyone using a stolen iphone as the serial# is imediately detected upon hooking up to a computer- ip adress linked -etc. that's just ONE way. theres many more. i've lost one as of tonight, my boyfriend's lost two. that's five units sold to two people. 2.5x the profit was made off us not being able to recover our phones. can't say i wouldn't do any different than them if i was in their shoes.
    ...and another wasted day begins.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12