+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer/Cydia - Games, Utilities, Apps...

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi there I use to personally own an unlocked 2g iphone, version 1.1.4, before I gave it away. I remember there were so many different types of applications you could
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Installer/Cydia - Games, Utilities, Apps...
    Hi there I use to personally own an unlocked 2g iphone, version 1.1.4, before I gave it away. I remember there were so many different types of applications you could get on your iphoe. I recently helped a friend unlock his new 2g iphone that he had under warrenty, but after unlocking it i decided to browse through installer and cydia. i noticed that there weren't as many as there had use to be... So my question is, where have all the apps gone? Am I lacking installer/cydia sources or are they all being submitted to the app store. I appreciate all the developers hard work making their applications, and i respect that they want to make some cash from their apps but im just wondering where all the apps went.

bump
    Last edited by x0bry7x; 11-08-2008 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I never owned a 2g iphone or any Ipods before 2.0, but I believe most of the games have been submitted to the appstore and a lot of apps have been replaced (e.g. Customize and Summerboard replaced by Winterboard). Also, many apps are still being ported to firmware 2.x
    Quote Originally Posted by dayloon View Post
    Cydia urinates on installer from a great height.
    Thank me if you find that quote funny or if I helped

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am wondering the same thing as the OP.

I had a 1.1.4 2G iphone then I decided to get rid of it. Now I picked up another one for cheap. On 2.1, it seems like nothing is readily available through Installer/Cydia.