Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: iPhone Guru Pleaseis a discussion within the
General iPhone Chatforums, a part of the
11-06-2008, 10:05 AM #1iPhone Guru Please
Just getting back into GSM world here. I was able to jailbreak a 2G iPhone running 2.1. Way cool!
Would any of you guru’s care to walk me thru (or provide weblinks) on the following “cliff” notes:
1) How do I load apps to the iPhone? (iTunes App?)
2) If iTunes, will it screw up my phone once I sync after jailbreak?
3) How do I load regional carrier settings (Cincinnati Bell) for data into the iPhone? I know the settings for MMS and WAP by heart but cannot seem to figure out how to do this. Was I supposed to leave the CinBell SIM in while performing jailbreak/unlock session? Wasn’t sure if the pwn package takes the Carrier Code off the SIM and populates the data settings based on the Carrier Code?
This is probably frustrating for most of you veteran iPhone pimps but I am just getting with the program.
11-06-2008, 10:35 AM #2
1) If you have Cydia installed (which I assume you do since you are jailbroken) you can load apps through Cydia. See this link for how to install iTunes apps for free:
2) You should be able to Sync with iTunes as normal, even with a jailbroken phone.
3) Dunno about this one... hopefully someone else can help.
CheersIf my post was helpful to you, hit the thanks button!
11-06-2008, 05:53 PM #3
Hey thanks a lot man!
I did figure out the data settings path: Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network. From there just enter carrier APN.
For some reason I thought it would be more difficult