+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: installer

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hello people, i have been using a 4 gb iphone since 8-9 months.. i got it unlocked and i am using it in india.. everything was working fine till some
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default installer
    hello people,

i have been using a 4 gb iphone since 8-9 months.. i got it unlocked and i am using it in india.. everything was working fine till some problem occured and i was asked to restore the phone and unlock it again.. i got it done..

however, the problem is that when i get connected to any wi-fi network, the installer dosent work.. i cannot install anything from there.. even safari wont open up.. the error message i get is: "could not find host"

please help//

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

If you are using firmware 2.x I would recommend you stay away from installer and just use Cydia. If you are still using 1.1.x, I would say upgrade to 2.1
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I agree with Chefanim. I am running 2.1, but still run into that problem. It happens for me because for some reason the iPhone doesn't always connect to networks that it knows. What I have to do is go into Settings -> Wi-Fi -> make sure its turned on, and touch the network you want to connect to.