+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help !!! My iphone is dead with error 1601

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I had low battery and phone died - charged overnite restarted my pc and Itunes is giving me an error message "ipod has been detected but could not be identified.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Need Help !!! My iphone is dead with error 1601
    I had low battery and phone died - charged overnite restarted my pc and Itunes is giving me an error message "ipod has been detected but could not be identified. unknown error 1601". now stucked with a dead phone that cannot be powered on and itunes cant recognize it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Some 1601 errors point to the battery being dead, but I can actually remove the battery ENTIRELY from my iphone and power it through USB with no problem whatsoever. That being said, a battery error will not stop you from having a functioning phone.

When you get a 1601 error along with flex cable symptoms (click the flex cable link in my sig), it is usually hardware issues with the motherboard itself. It CAN be the flex cable, but it usually is the motherboard.

If you have a wty, obviously take it back. Most people do not and they end up knocking on my door (now click the hardware link in my sig).

If you cannot power the phone at all, your only choice will be service the unit.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

3. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

weekendday (11-04-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so what do i have to do to be able to restore it to factory firmware to send it back to apple for refund or replacement - it is already jailbroken and unlocked