+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: please HELP! Had Categories app on my phone, phone froze..restored. now..UH OH!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello, So yea i had put alot of my applications into categorized folders using the Categories application. Well last night i was doing some SSH into my phone and it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default please HELP! Had Categories app on my phone, phone froze..restored. now..UH OH!
    Hello,
    So yea i had put alot of my applications into categorized folders using the Categories application.
    Well last night i was doing some SSH into my phone and it froze. Only thing i could do was restore my iphone to factory settings.

Problem is when i restored it i still had a bunch of my applications in different category folders.

Now when i try to download applications that I had previous to my restore but had them in a category folder, they download then disappear... Which leads me to believe they think they're still in the category folder.

I remember seeing a warning in categories how it could be dangerous and I think i found this out first hand.

Problem is i had cydia, installer, winterboard etc in a folder also so its not like i can redownload categories and sort it out like that.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Settings>general>reset> erase all content and settings

it will take 2 hours plug the phone in and wait. It's a full overwrite of zeros to the flash memory.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

did this.

it finished and now it wont get off the pineapple logo screen.

I keep resetting it (power and home key) and when i turn it back on it just goes to the pineapple logo again

tried plugging it into my computer and this doesnt do anything. computer doesnt even recognize its plugged in.

and after a few minutes on the pineapple logo the 'waiting' spinning wheel comes up
    the screen goes black
    and then the pineapple logo reappears on the screen

this cycles been going on for a while now
    Last edited by showbiz00ditc; 11-02-2008 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost