+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS with AT&T woes..

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello everyone, I have a problem that I thought appropriate to start a new thread for, it is as follows.. I have, as many here have experenced problems with mms
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default MMS with AT&T woes..
    Hello everyone,
    I have a problem that I thought appropriate to start a new thread for, it is as follows..
    I have, as many here have experenced problems with mms on att, after much frustration/experimentation it would seem that att is blocking mms based on your iPhones imei number. so my thought is this, if I were to downgrade my iPhone to 1.1.4 and use ziphone to change my imei number to that of my mms working Slvr and then upgrade back up to 2.1 does this sound like something that would work? or would I run into problems with iTunes when tring to upgrade sence it would have a non valid iPhone imei? also, when you downgrade your firmware do you loose all of your personal data, like pictures, alarms, videos, music ect?
    Thanks for your help as always.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

75 Views and no response, surely someone has tried this before??
    Last edited by redzombi2k; 10-30-2008 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

hahaha you would risk your phones life using ziphone just to mms. wow and i doubt it will work itunes will make your phone stock again. haha MMS + iPhone on ATT = not gonna happen. atleast not yet anyways
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Actually I have two Iphones and one is on 1.1.4 and I did use Ziphone to change the imei number to my old razor and guess what I have had mms on my att iphone for a long long time now. It does work but I'm not sure if when you update back to 2.1 if the imei number will stay set. I know a restore does erase it but I'm not sure if an update does. Let me know and good luck. Oh yeah after u change the imei number you have to wait till att does an imei system sweep. It may take a day or two and when it does when yo u into your att account online there should be a picture of a different phone not an Iphone.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

changing the IMEI with ziphone is temporary. A restore or upgrade (I think) will put you back to the original. There is no way to spoof the IMEI on 2.0 and above.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]