Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How is apple going to rush it's new changes to the iphone through?

Question How is apple going to rush it's new changes to the iphone through?
    I just read an article here:

http://linkdumptube.com/article.php?id=154

It says apple has made a change to it's iphone.but how is this going to effect the iphone's that are currently in stores? Will the retail stores have to unpack the iphones and update the firmware? What about the new screen?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

Spam? The new screen was either already like that or has been fixed before manufacturing - they just got the shipments in from Hong Kong a few days ago, which means mass production didn't start too long ago.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by daabomb2002 View Post
    I just read an article here:

http://linkdumptube.com/article.php?id=154

It says apple has made a change to it's iphone.but how is this going to effect the iphone's that are currently in stores? Will the retail stores have to unpack the iphones and update the firmware? What about the new screen?
    That doesn't necessarily mean that Apple made those changes on the 18th, it just means Apple wanted to let everyone know more about their product and get more of the iHype into people.

Thanks

And as far as upgrading battery life and adding features, when you first sync your iPhone with iTunes, it will update the software to the newest stuff Apple has out. It'll be just like your phone shipped with it, even if it didn't.

Exactly! And that is the KEY feature of the iPhone that everyone seems to leave off their list. This is not like any other phone to date b/c just like iPods and Macs, Apple has created a hardware platform to run a variety of software that will be updated and upgraded over time.

Issues will be fixed, features will be tweaked, features will be added. The prevailing buzz everywhere that iPhone will be released and then Apple will scramble for the next version (and render the original obsolete)... well that's just silly and shows how little these people know about Apple!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

Right, although the 3G version for Europe IS being released Fall of this year, but I'm assuming the hardware is already in the current version, and if not available at launch will be available via a firmware update.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Right, although the 3G version for Europe IS being released Fall of this year, but I'm assuming the hardware is already in the current version, and if not available at launch will be available via a firmware update.
    IF it's in the hardware, which i kind of doubt, but would be cool. But Apple does have a knack for suprises

Thanks

I could've sworn Apple's already stated that 3G will never be available with this model of the iPhone, but it's planned for the next. Sad day!

But-- every cellphone made since 1998 has had a GPS unit specifically for the use of 911 services. So they're not advertising it, but the iPhone has the GPS hardware in it. All they need to do is write the software to integrate it with Google Maps. The question is whether they actually will, or whether they'll decide to make it wait until 2nd gen.

Thanks

They announced inofficialy the release of the iPhone in germany for the christmas season, so my mother in law doesn't have to worry about what present to buy for me, and that includes a few years to come. I cannot see it beeing released in europe without 3G or UMTS or something similar, but we will see.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

hahahha so nice of you to put your mother's mind to ease