Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Categories. Missing Icons

Default Categories. Missing Icons
    'Missing icons. This occurs because you had installed categories and moved a bunch of files into folders. When you restore, your springboard plist will be restored and that contains a bunch of hidden icons. Here are your options;

c) SSH into the iPhone with scp or ssh. If you don’t know how, use this guide. Navigate yourself over to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences and delete com.apple.springboard.plist. Respring your iPhone by typing “killall SpringBoard” into SSH or, if you don’t know how to do that, just reboot. All your hidden apps will be visible.'

Pretty sound advice, however, com.apple.springboard.plist is not in the listed directory.

If this means anything to anyone, what the hell do I do? Im chomping at the bit =<

Default 'Edit Home Screen' How to fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbulan View Post
    'Missing icons. This occurs because you had installed categories and moved a bunch of files into folders. When you restore, your springboard plist will be restored and that contains a bunch of hidden icons. Here are your options;

c) SSH into the iPhone with scp or ssh. If you don’t know how, use this guide. Navigate yourself over to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences and delete com.apple.springboard.plist. Respring your iPhone by typing “killall SpringBoard” into SSH or, if you don’t know how to do that, just reboot. All your hidden apps will be visible.'

Pretty sound advice, however, com.apple.springboard.plist is not in the listed directory.

If this means anything to anyone, what the hell do I do? Im chomping at the bit =<
    Nimbulan,
    Thank you for your advice!
    It worked but it has a Colateral effect!
    Now I can't use BossPref to enable NUmeric battery.
    When I leave BossPref I get the message 'Edit Home Screen'.
    What should I do?
    Thanks again
    Jonas

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Your best bet is to restore your phone, but not from back up, do a complete reset. If you use the back up, then it you will continue to have missing icons and other issues. ALWAYS unhide your icons in categories app before restoring your phone.

Chris
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

or you can go to settings > general > restrictions > enable restrictions > disable restrictions... voila

Thanks
    Thanked 10,181 Times in 6,199 Posts

^+1

Default Thank You
    Thank you for the reply!
    Before posting the problem I did a complete reset .
    I also used Iphonebrowser to delete /var/mobile/Library files.
    Unfortunately it didn’t work
    Solution:
    I gave up from BossPref and installed SBSettings.
    Now I have numeric battery display back and everything is working ok.

Thanks again,

Jonas

Default Restore hidden icons caused by categories app crash
    None of the above worked for me but I found a really simple way of getting all the icons back (after spending ages reading hundreds of web pages to no avail).

1.Press the iphone button so you get search iphone option.
    2.Type 'categories'
    3.Select the app
    4.Click 'Hidden Icons'
    5.Unhide your missing icons, Voila!