+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help: iphone password unlock

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'm trying to unlock my wife's iphone. I'll let your vivid imagination ponder why I might want to do that. My questions are: 1.) How many times can I guess
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help: iphone password unlock
    I'm trying to unlock my wife's iphone. I'll let your vivid imagination ponder why I might want to do that. My questions are:

1.) How many times can I guess the wrong password before the iphone alerts my wife that I've been trying to break the password code?

2.) Apart from brute force, i.e. typing in all 10,000 possible combinations, what are some tricks for trying to guess her password. I've tried things like birthdays, ss # and so on already?

Thanks in advance for your help with this

Banned
    Thanks

:: pf edit :: BANNED! :: edit ::

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by artniv View Post
    I'm trying to unlock my wife's iphone. I'll let your vivid imagination ponder why I might want to do that. My questions are:

1.) How many times can I guess the wrong password before the iphone alerts my wife that I've been trying to break the password code?

2.) Apart from brute force, i.e. typing in all 10,000 possible combinations, what are some tricks for trying to guess her password. I've tried things like birthdays, ss # and so on already?

Thanks in advance for your help with this
    Skipping over the douche that posted an advertisement for his buisiness have you tried the following:

birth dates - yours, hers, or family members
    anniversary
    last four of social security number
    date of a special event in her life

Just a thought.
    <--- I'm new so don't hit me just yet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Shimizu1006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by artniv View Post

I think you have 3 or 5 chanses, then it locks for one minute. Then after it unlocks you have 5 more minutes. After that I havnt tried any more for fear of not being able to use my phone for elongated periods of time or memory wiping

Just know that you dont have too many chances
    Sent From My iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

try her pin number for banking and such

Green Apple
    Thanks

I bet everyone heres trying to help out someone who stole an iphone ( not on purpose of coarse ) and believe the possibly made up wife story ... Sync the iPhone to the computer it was activated with and it will unlock. I'm sure you can easily get onto her computer when she doesnt know, especially if you have her phone and she doesn't know.
    I hate windows..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephenstudios For This Useful Post:

artniv (09-04-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unfortunately it's true
    Thanks to everyone who's been helpful and non-judgemental. you're a great group.

Unfortunately, it's a true story. I'll try the synching. I assume from what you said that it will simply open up without prompting me for a password once I connect it to the computer. I know that I can open iphone by using restore, but that defeats the purpose. Hopefully synching will work.

stephenstudios,

syncing doesn't unlock the iphone. It merely syncs it but doesn't open the phone. One still needs the password to get in even if it's syncing.
    Last edited by artniv; 09-04-2007 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default hello
    why don't you just ask her for the pin? if she has nothing to hide she will should give it to you. of course that will come with the consequence that she will want to see your phone and if YOU have something to hide then why even bother trying to see her phone you probably deserve each other