Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Soaking Wet Iphone Works!!!

Default Soaking Wet Iphone Works!!!
    Just thought i would post this.

I got a tad to intoxicated this past friday and my iphone got wet. Woke up in the morning and it was still nice and wet, tried plugging it into the wall and my comp and nothing happened, no boot or anything.
    After it not booting i noticed water on the inside of my incase slider, so I put it in catlitter for a while. Then i managed to open it and dry any moisture inside and let it dry in the sun.

On saturday night it wouldnt do anything when plugged in, sunday night it would do anything.
    But i just plugged it in and it FREAKING WORKS.
    Let me clarify this, there was water on the sim card when i pulled it out even.

But apple did do a good job designing these phones.

So word of advice to anyone who gets their iphone wet and lets it stay wet for all night. Dry it out and let it sit for a few days.

!!!

Wooo

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrsidewayzz's Avatar
    Thanks

thats great to know. my sidekick lx sat in water and a few sensors are busted now. **** sucks. lol. good to know my iphone would survive that kind of accident after a few days of drying. thanks for the drunk story/info.
    mrsidewayzz
    iPhone 2G 16GB, iPod Classic 120GB
    MacBook 13.3" 2.0ghz 250GB 2GB
    YNSA, USN

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

You are one of the very most lucky persons that it even fired back up. It is possible that it only got on the sim card and case and did not make it to the bottom of the motherboard where the power supply is.......... but don't count your chickens yet. They've been known to die up to 30 days later after getting wet. The story is usually the same....... let it dry, fire it up, use it for a week or three..... then bam.... dies out of the blue.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

wow you must have been hammered LOL next time u drink, don't bring your iPhone

I'd recommend putting it in rice so that it dries out. Mine worked for a few hours after getting wet, but then it stopped working because I didn't dry it out

thats awesome. uber quality.

Thanks

Well beat this......I had an old Nano which I took to barbados, I didnt want to take my good one. Anyway my mate pushed me in the pool and I had ipod in my pocket, it was a gonner!!!! i open it straight away and it was soaking. Anyway I left it in the draw for about 3 months thinking it was toast then I saw it one day plugged it in about 10 mins later it started working like normal, songs, photo everything. Its been about 9 months now and I still use it in my car.