+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Getting a New Macbook... have some iTunes/iPhone Questions

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So I am pretty sure I am going to go ahead and buy one of the new macbooks. Currently all my media which I sync with iphone is on my
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Getting a New Macbook... have some iTunes/iPhone Questions
    So I am pretty sure I am going to go ahead and buy one of the new macbooks. Currently all my media which I sync with iphone is on my win vista laptop.

I want to transfer stuff over.

Now I know I can just transfer stuff straight up (all my mp3s, movies, ipa apps, etc.) but I want my iTunes settings to be saved. I DO NOT want to have to reorganize, resync all my data on the iPhone, remake playlists, etc. Is this a reasonable thing to ask? I just want to ready my files and such so that the transfer is smooth and problem free (if it is at all possible). Otherwise I will just backup everything in just mp3 and ipa form on a dvd (well, 2-3 dvds) and then pop it into the mac when I get it.

Thanks in advance for any help. Remember, I know how to move the files over, what I essentially want is to move everything over and PRESERVE iTunes setting so I don;t have to reconfigure that!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Rip
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'd like to know this too.

If I back-up my library from a PC will it import into a Mac?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Just a quick "bump" I know it's early still but want to make sure people see this
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings