Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! Iphone won't turn on!!! BRICKED!?!?

Default HELP! Iphone won't turn on!!! BRICKED!?!?
    Hey, I was txt'ing someone, went away to get a drink, came back, and my iphone looked like it was in sleep mode, or off.

I tried turning it on, pressing the home button. NOTHING! The screen is totally black.

I had 3/4 battery when I last used it, so I know that's not the problem.

I tried holding power for 5 minutes, no luck.

I tried holding power AND the home button for 5 mins again, no luck.

I plugged it into my computer, the wall, tried the same...

No luck!!!

I really don't know what to do!

The only thing I did today was update Springboard and whatever else had updates.

False alarm!! The phone just turned back on after my 20th attempt to hard reset it (holding home and sleep).

This was really weird..
    Last edited by crewxp; 09-03-2007 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

looks like u need to take it to the apple store. You may have bricked ur Iphone.

Same problem here. What did you do exactly to get your phone back?

Wow thats new. Take it down to an Apple store and have a mac genius look at it.

Problem is I'm not in the US. If ever I'll have to wait till next month when I make a trip there. Was hoping that I could keep trying and maybe on my 20th try at a hard reset it would wake up. I feel the battery just went into some sort of safe made due to being terribly low.

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyberprince View Post
    Problem is I'm not in the US. If ever I'll have to wait till next month when I make a trip there. Was hoping that I could keep trying and maybe on my 20th try at a hard reset it would wake up. I feel the battery just went into some sort of safe made due to being terribly low.
    put it on a charger and and hold down power and sleep for a while and see what happens.i have hade a simular problem with a unlocked one before,iwas in the light and i noticed that when i gave it a power supply,a apple appered but no backlight,so i pushed home button and power and the black apple dissappered so i pushed them repeatedly together an ,it booted up,it should turn on with a power supply,try try try again never give up

Will keep on trying. I have been trying the whole evening.

Left it plugged into socket the whole night
    Will try leaving it plugged via USB tonight

I've tried resetting (Sleep + Home) several times tonight. Longest is 2-3 minutes. Its not working. Will try again tomorrow while plugged into power.

I feel so devastated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

try to hold power button then home button for 30 sec or so untill and unless the screen comes saying please connect itune this means your iphone is in restore mode and itunes will ask you for that restore the iphone and u will be back in factory condition thaNKS

10. The Following User Says Thank You to whizkid For This Useful Post:

Stormii (01-06-2012)

Hey you guys. This information helped A LOT.
    Mine was messing up and I think it was because my battery was too low.
    I tried all day today trying to get it to work.
    FINALLY it did after about the 15th try.
    So keep trying if anyone else reading this is having the same problem.

aww man. good luck to all of u guys, that suckss so bad! sorry just had to say that

Same here. its the second time. first one the phone started up with loading after I connected it directly to the powerr.
    Second time you guys motivated me with keep trying hard reboots.
    this really sucks one day its will never wake up... hopefully not

Default please help!!! please
    i sync my iphone to itunes but it just didnt, at first i thought it was just itunes but then i realized it was the iphone, I jailbreak it, before restoring it i went to see if they had a new jailbreak for 3.1.3 and then i donwloaded spirit but i think it was a bad copy, the thing is that my iphone is not working, it goes like if it was starting from a recovery mode and then turn off please i need help..!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mmss1493 View Post
    i sync my iphone to itunes but it just didnt, at first i thought it was just itunes but then i realized it was the iphone, I jailbreak it, before restoring it i went to see if they had a new jailbreak for 3.1.3 and then i donwloaded spirit but i think it was a bad copy, the thing is that my iphone is not working, it goes like if it was starting from a recovery mode and then turn off please i need help..!!!
    I'm on the same boat as you I presume, I was simply installing apps and thus being a good amount of distance away from the phone, my iphone suddenly turned off by itself. The rest is self-explanatory....

I've been searching around and I THINK it is a cydia issue that causes the phone to "crash." At the moment, I basically have a bricked iphone (3.1.3.) that can't be restored at the moment.

I found how to unbrick it. Connect the iPhone to iTunes all u need is it to be light, it doesn't matter if iTunes doesn't recognize it, then u press the home button And the lock button for 10 seconds right after that u release the lock button without releasing the home button waiting other 10 seconds iTunes will recognize it and after that u need to restore it .. I lost all my contacts pics etc but at least I have almost a brand new iPhone

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mmss1493 For This Useful Post:

Stormii (01-06-2012)

@ mmss1493 you are a star m8 worked perfect thanks very much m8 i owe ya 1

Smile thanks dude
    u saved my iphone dude

Thumbs up Thank you!!!
    mmss1493 thank you ever so much! I thought I had to bury it soon lol you made my day!!!! thanks!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thankyou for the posts. My phone also would not turn on after I tried to use jailbreaking software to restore it as itunes would not recognise it. After 20 or so goes at it holding home+power for a minute turned the phone on, whats better itunes recognised the phone again