Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Numeric battery remains after restore

Default Numeric battery remains after restore
    I need to show my iPhone to the Genius Bar tomorrow, so I restored my iPhone. I forgot to switch off the numeric battery option in BossPrefs before I restored, though, so now my revirginized iPhone has a not-so virgin battery indicator. Is there any way to get rid of it without jailbreaking, installing BossPrefs, disabling numeric battery, and restoring alllll over again?

Thanks

There are two ways to do this, one that works (jailbreaking), and one that may work: create a custom fw, go to expert mode, and uncheck "disable paranoid memory wipe", and then use that fw. Stick with jailbreaking, it'll be tons faster.
    Last edited by 461am; 10-05-2008 at 01:20 AM.

I'm on Windows and I've only ever used QuickPwn, which as far as I can tell, doesn't do expert mode. I guess I'd have to use WinPwn?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _ducky View Post
    I'm on Windows and I've only ever used QuickPwn, which as far as I can tell, doesn't do expert mode. I guess I'd have to use WinPwn?
    Just jailbreak again and fix it, honestly it's going to be waaaay too much trouble trying to do it. The paranoid wipe can take up to an hour, but yes, you'd use winpwn.

I put it in recovery mode and restored and it was fine. But then when I restored my data from a backup, it switched to numeric again... And I need my texts and things, so I guess I'll have to jailbreak and do the whole thing.

Thanks

Well, just show it at the genius bar without the backup, and then when you get back home you can put it back on.
    edit: and disregard all of my previous advice, it won't work since the backup is causing the issue.

Yeah, I restored firmware, restored my backup, jailbroke, installed BossPrefs, disabled numeric battery, saved a backup, restored firmware, restored the backup. I have a virginized iPhone with the regular battery now. I'll jailbreak again after I show it to them. Irritating process, but oh well.