Closed Thread

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Generous peolple needed. Please donate

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I recently had the worst day of my life when 1) my iPhone 3G broke when I let my drunk friend use it then the next day 2) i got
    iPhone? More like MyPhone whateverman24791's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Generous peolple needed. Please donate
    I recently had the worst day of my life when 1) my iPhone 3G broke when I let my drunk friend use it then the next day 2) i got rear-ended by an F-150. I am not some guy lying to all you but I've been with mmi for a while now and have contributed a lot, especially lock screens so I wanted to ask anybody to donate anything they can.

I really appreciate it

Thank you

Click to Donate

iPhone? More like MyPhone Atokadd's Avatar
    Thanks

Im sorry that life is turning out that way.
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Atokadd For This Useful Post:

whateverman24791 (10-04-2008)

Thanks

Thanks. I'm just trying to ask for some money to get a new 3G and to pay for the lawyer.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

are you injured?

and to the drunk friend who broke your phone,make him buy you another.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 10-04-2008 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

when a broken iphone is in the top 2 bad things going on in your life, there really shouldnt be anything for you to complain about. donations are better made to fight cancer than to buy you a new phone....

get your drunk friend to buy you a new one. and, well, car insurance.....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iPh0wned For This Useful Post:

Carrbone (10-04-2008)

Thanks

Im getting some money from him but not a lot. Please dont flame if you dont want to donate move on to another thread. If you do, thank you.

Thanks

Pics or it didn't happen
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

He came back inside and showed me this and laughed. It doesnt look damaged on the outside but since i voided the warranty like everyone else, they wont replace it.

Mine is the VW on the right. I was pulling out and some idiot was backing up and slammed into me. He said he wasnt looking and still doesnt want to pay.

Enough proof?, im not asking for you to donate a hundred dollars just spare change in ur paypal account
    Last edited by whateverman24791; 10-04-2008 at 06:14 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whateverman24791 View Post

Mine is the VW on the right. I was pulling out and some idiot was backing up and slammed into me. He said he wasnt looking and still doesnt want to pay.

Enough proof?, im not asking for you to donate a hundred dollars just spare change in ur paypal account
    2) i got rear-ended by an F-150. I am not some guy lying to all you
    That sure doesn't look like a Ford F-150 to me!?! Makes me a bit suspicious of your story. I don't mind helping people in need however, I think you are just looking for some money. .
    INSURANCE my friend. And who cares if you don't make anything extra on it. You are not supposed to. The insurance is only meant to pay to have your car fixed. It's not like you were injured or anything. I think you are just a bit greedy and are looking for sympathizers here to pay you for your sob story.

Oh, and for the iPhone. I do feel a little sympathy for you however, I refuse to donate because you should totally have your friend pay for it. If he was any friend at all, he would do it without you asking. He had it and he tinkered with it and now your phone doesn't work. It's his fault. Besides why in the heck would someone lend there phone to someone else. That just does not make any logical sense to me at all. What for them to run up your phone bill or in your case, break your phone.

Your whole situation is just a "I told you so" type scenario.
    Last edited by phoenix.stu; 10-04-2008 at 07:37 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to phoenix.stu For This Useful Post:

A Retired Mod (10-04-2008)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

If the iphone still turns on, just restore it through itunes and Apple wont know it was jailbroken. It must still be under warranty, the 3G wasnt released that long ago.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

iPhone? More like MyPhone SLapp's Avatar
    Thanks

if you want them to repair your phone thats jailbroke then unjailbrake it all it shows is that you cant make or receive calls you can still unjailbrake it and then take it to them,and as far as the cars in the pics, as said above dosnt look like a f-150 to me ether and seems to me that it looks like a scam from someone thats trying to get over on people because he wants to buy a phone or get a phone fixed.

Dosnt look like you got rear ended ether thought i would put that out there that the vw pic isnt the back of the car,

SCAM

I think the mods should just close the thread sense your story isnt straight looks like a SCAM to me.
    Last edited by SLapp; 10-04-2008 at 07:48 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

got rear-ended by an F-150.

First, that's your front, not your rear. Second that's not an F-150, third Was you "pulling out and an F-150 slammed into you" or did you get smacked in the back by an F-150?"
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

16. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

A Retired Mod (10-04-2008)

Thanks

first of all, ihad that message twice on my 3g when I was on 2.0.2. A restore and new jailbreak fixed it. Ever since upgrading to 2.1 it's been practically perfect.

Regarding the cars , none of those is an F150 which is a pickup truck. And it looks luke it's your front end that's damaged. I also don't believe the car on the right is even a vw.

Thread is closed.
    Last edited by bhz1; 10-04-2008 at 08:59 PM.