Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone really is a piece of garbage in Japan, lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone really is a piece of garbage in Japan, lol.
    Everyone uses email instead of regular text messages, so getting the email instantly is very important. Only Yahoo.com has push mail so you're going to need to use them. Then the stupid encoding for emails on the iphone is locked and about half the people's phones in Japan can read iPhone's encoding so basically you're screwed because of that. (No one actually calls people, they just text)

Of course there's other stuff like iPhone doesn't even support the smiley faces that Japan uses, and if you don't use them incredibly excessively in Japan people think you're more harsh or something

Right now, there's no point in getting iPhone in Japan. Admittedly though, iPod touch is still nice.

um.... k. Thanks for the report!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

LOooooool
    what a country!!
    genius people living there DD with lexus hehehehe Looool

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raseru View Post
    Everyone uses email instead of regular text messages, so getting the email instantly is very important. Only Yahoo.com has push mail so you're going to need to use them. Then the stupid encoding for emails on the iphone is locked and about half the people's phones in Japan can read iPhone's encoding so basically you're screwed because of that. (No one actually calls people, they just text)

Of course there's other stuff like iPhone doesn't even support the smiley faces that Japan uses, and if you don't use them incredibly excessively in Japan people think you're more harsh or something

Right now, there's no point in getting iPhone in Japan. Admittedly though, iPod touch is still nice.
    Well it was designed (the OS) in america so they don't really have the cultural background needed to tend to the needs of asia just yet. You'd think they'd hire an associate with some knowledge to regionalize the iphone in a way they need, but then again they still don't even have it right for america's needs either.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

a people that need a bunch of smiley faces to interact. i love the japanese and i will show it here. D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D

i m in Japan and i m really happy with my iPhone, it fulfils all my needs, i m already in love with this awesome gadget

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

asia is leagues ahead of any other country with their cell phones. This is to be expected really. They also run around (not everyone) with phones worther hundreds to thousands of dollars. The crappy "FREE" phones we have here are basically non-existent.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is not about being leagues better, it's about it not even being usable as a phone.

Sure, every phone in Japan these days can watch TV live and iPhone can't even do that, but it's not an iTV but it is a iPhone and I expect it to do what phones should be able to do.
    Do phones outside of Japan have that wireless info transfer thing anyways? So you don't have to type peoples info like their phone, email address, etc.