+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wireless Question

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello, I currently have a 1st gen Iphone on Tmobile unlocked and running 2.1 using winpwn2.1. When I connected to my wireless router, it said it was connected, but it
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Wireless Question
    Hello, I currently have a 1st gen Iphone on Tmobile unlocked and running 2.1 using winpwn2.1. When I connected to my wireless router, it said it was connected, but it is not giving me any internet access, is there something I have to do to the router since this is a apple product trying to attach itself to a router that is being run on a windows system? Please help, thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

no you shouldn't need to. The router isn't operator specific. It is not really being run on a windows system. Make sure you router is actually allowing wireless devices to get internet rather than just connect to it. It is possible that your phone is connecting fine to the router itself but the router is not allowing it onto the net.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings