Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is this normal? (charging/battery life)

Default Is this normal? (charging/battery life)
    It takes 4-5 hours to charge from dead to full via usb PC connection. If I buy the $30 apple usb ac adaptor, how long should it take to charge?

And my last full battery lasted 2:30 use time, 6 hours standby (wifi off, brightness down, push off, manual email, ssh off, bt off, dynamic backgrounds on, edge on)

Im still waiting the 4-5 hours to charge this thing, then im going to see how long the battery lasts without dynamic backgrounds, and if no improvement, then again with edge off.

So far I hate the iphone and its battery life, I know its abnormal, but its so bad. I cant even go a full day without worrying about battery, on light use!

2g 8gb 2.1 with lots of apps, but none in use.

if youve had it for a long time the battery life goes down A LOT in a couple of months of use...ive had my iphoen for about 2months and the battery life has Drastically descreased but it usually only takes about an hour to fully charge my phone using the Adapter. and usually lasts around 6-8hrs of usage

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine charges in 37 minutes. I have heard though that even though the battery says 100% it isn't always so. I am going to let it charge for a few hours after it says 100% and see what happens.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Those are some of the worst battery stats I have seen. I go all day talking about an hour to two hours a day on the phone. Depending on talk time I will be down to 50% or 25% somewhere in there. My GF is using my old 2G and it actually has a slight battery life decrease than the 3G but not bad (drains maybe 5% faster). We have been using that one for over a year and it lasts the day as well. In the ocassion that I don't use the phone I have let it sit for 3 days and been at 30% (have only done this once). Unless you have bundles of apps draining your battery I would say its a harware issue. Give the Apple store a visit

It does kinda suck that apple doesn't do removable batteries doesn't it? I mean what an inexpensive hassle free fix this could be (assuming it is just the battery at fault)
    Last edited by sziklassy; 10-03-2008 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have had mine for almost a year and my battery still lasts all day. By the time I go to bed and charge it, i still have at least 20%.

Wifi on, poor to most times non existent signal at work, web for an hour or so, email at 15mins, texting half of the day and me hitting home every 20mins to check the time.

Is your phone actually shutting off after 8.5hrs? The same phone was showing incorrect charge status. It would say like 20% then jump up to 60% after I reboot it. It was kinda weird. I restored it and have not noticed battery meter trippin out
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

So after charging it for a decent amount of time well past the 100% showed...I changed my theme in Winterboard and it wiped out my Usage data? What a drag. Back to the drawing board.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

the 30$ wall adapter charge it in just 1hour 50 minutes
    i think that charging from either the wall or the pc wont effect the usage time or the stand by time

Yes im getting the actual 20% and 10%, then a shutdown. I let the battery drain, and recharged again all day via usb. Basically the same result.

2 hours 30 min usage
    9 hours 57 min standby

This is HORRIBLE. Im going to try one last time with edge turned off, and ill turn it on only when I use it. But thats kind of a drag, I better get at least 4+ hours of usage.

If all fails, its either G1 (battery life will still probably suck) time, or go back to my trusting blackberry (which I could charge once every 4 days with heavy use)