Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Music bought on ipod gone

Default Music bought on ipod gone
    i just tried restoring my ipod to a 2.1 firmware from 1.1.4. without thinking i tried doing this on itunes 8.0....which normally wouldnt be a problem as i would just restore to factory settings and load all my stuff on again....however this is my brothers ipod and i know now that the itunes backup doesnt back up music and the program i used as a double backup{media widget} apparently left out all the music he had bought on his ipods itunes.....so my question is how do i get back the music that he bought on his ipod{i already tried buying the same song on his account in itunes and it just charged me regular 99 cents....please help bec the ingrate is yelling that i owe him $50 for all his songs that i lost

re authorize your pc, with his logins... all bought songs will be downloaded back

i did that but nothing downloaded.....does it matter that he bought the songs on his ipod....and would cs be able to help with anything?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

People act like asking apple is walking to the gates of heaven and bugging god, just ASK APPLE man!
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

im just sayin bec last time i called apple i sat on hold for 45 min just so the cs guy could tell me that apple doesnt release that information to its cs.........so its more like avoiding a wasted hour than the gates of heaven

anyone got any ideas.....this kinda sucks its like $50 worth of music and nothing i tried worked so far
    Last edited by ezbaiby; 10-02-2008 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Before upgrading, you should always perform a backup using CopyTrans (PC) or Senuti (Mac)