+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Android and iPhone.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
It'd be great to see Android running on iPhone, not because it would be/is better than the iPhone OS or not, it would just be great to see it working
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Android and iPhone.
    It'd be great to see Android running on iPhone, not because it would be/is better than the iPhone OS or not, it would just be great to see it working on the iPhone you know, just to try it, see what's really better, what we're missing, what we're not. Get a more general picture and better perception of what Mobile OSs can be and finally, to compare Android and iPhone OS with facts.

I think it's just a matter of time beferoe some group (e.g. iPhone Dev Team or similar) figures this out and makes Android OS work in the iPhone, after all, Android is open source, it can run on any mobile device that supports it (im sure iPhone is powerful enough to run Android) and since Dev Team has everything iPhone figured out (how it works, how to acces it, how to modify the OS, etc), I think this it's really posible

Wat do you guys think?

Thanks

I won't hold my breathe. I'm getting the G1 on launch day. Gotta sell my phone in the mean time.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

If apple wants to compete, they will lift some of their less than stellar limitations that people have been complaining about (picture messaging and apps in the background.) As for the G1, my opinion is it looks ugly. The android OS is pretty, but there is nothing there that Apple can't pull off (if they want to). If they don;t want to... well that would be a stupid move now wouldn't it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

I just want 3g and my current plan. Makes no sense to switch to AT&T. Their plans suck ***. I don't think the g1 is ugly. I miss a real keyboard.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

There won;t be any additional plan pricing for 3G on TMO? Also, what is their 3G coverage like? ATT started out small and is still building, does TMO have any plans to expand?

EDIT: So it looks like their 3G coverage is 25 bucks which include 400 text messages. That is about 10 bucks a month cheaper than ATT. Very competetive price. Interested to see if ATT does anything differently!
    Last edited by sziklassy; 09-28-2008 at 09:44 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Apparently the g1 has expandable memory, and the 16gig card only cost about 129.99. I'm not saying this thing is better than the iphone, but it's looking better than I thought it would. It's still ugly though .

Thanks

doesn't the g1 have a 1gb data cap? Eh, suppose it doesn't matter considering tmo's spotty 3g coverage.