+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Virus to iphone-----alarmed****

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi Folks, Iam really worried about the virus, will virus infect the iphone when connected to the laptop which has virus.... while syncying with itunes for songs, movies.... How to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Virus to iphone-----alarmed****
    Hi Folks,

Iam really worried about the virus, will virus infect the iphone when connected to the laptop which has virus....
    while syncying with itunes for songs, movies....
    How to know that my iphone is affected by virus and what is the symptom and remeady I have to follow....is there any antivirus app r software..

You all very well know that ipod and iphone can be used as exteranl device to store datas....
    when we connect the iphone r ipod to the system, the autorun pop will open where we can see the files and folders...
    But for me, when I connect the iphone to system, the pop up is not showing, so Iam unable to store or access data...even the iphone logo is not appearing in mycomputer....
    Pls help me in this..

Thanks in advance

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Not sure what you are afraid of. I am unaware of any virus for the iphone, but it is nothing a simple restore wouldn't fix. I also doubt there is a virus that will infect your iphone from your computer. If you have an infected computer why aren't you worried about that?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

In your grammer:
    "virus" not affect iPhone if "virus is on pc and your using iPhone and iPod to to store datas exteranl....

Me talking: ya doesnts has to worries nothing my dude, it's all good in the hood (sarcasm of course)
    Thanx button in advanced

Thanks

If you have a computer virus (It has to be on PC) the virus will have an .exe extension. Mac software have a .dmg extension so .exe cannot be read by Mac OS platform. Get a Mac....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Oh my aching head. You should be required to take a course to own a Mac Product.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    In your grammer:
    "virus" not affect iPhone if "virus is on pc and your using iPhone and iPod to to store datas exteranl....

Me talking: ya doesnts has to worries nothing my dude, it's all good in the hood (sarcasm of course)
    Thanx button in advanced
    And if English is his second language, that would make you inconsiderate and intolerant of other cultures wouldn't it. Why not just answer the question without the insults? By the way, "sarcasm of course" is an incomplete sentence, very bad grammar (its not spelled "grammer")
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.