+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Differences between commercials and real life iPhone usage.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
This topic is to discuss what the commercial shows and what really happens. I really just want to know the following: At the end of each commercial, the phone rings
    Thanks

Default Differences between commercials and real life iPhone usage.
    This topic is to discuss what the commercial shows and what really happens.

I really just want to know the following:
    At the end of each commercial, the phone rings with a contact popping on the screen. The name of the contact is in the bar near the top and the contact picture is to the right in the same bar.

In reality, the contact's picture is the entire background of the screen.

Is the commercial's way of showing who is calling possible?

Other inconsistencies:

Ringtone in commercial isn't on actual phone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The speed between apps has to be sped up. Seriously, they dont show the load time at all. I'm all for saving money on advertising; however, inacurate advertising makes me wish my phone ran that fast!
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

if u choose your contact on your mac and choose a pic from there and then then sync, you will have the small pic when they call.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

didn't someone in the U.K. call Apple out on this? About having all parts if the web, but in fact it can't do flash?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fuego3048 View Post
    didn't someone in the U.K. call Apple out on this? About having all parts if the web, but in fact it can't do flash?
    Flash or Java ...

A TV ad for Apple's iPhone has been banned by the UK's advertising watchdog for misleading consumers after it over-hyped the internet capabilities of the smart phone.
    The ad showed the internet navigation prowess of the iPhone, with images zooming in on a weather forecast for Cape Town and a map of how to get to Heathrow airport.
    "You never know which part of the internet you'll need ... which is why all the parts of the internet are on the iPhone," ran a voiceover.
    The Advertising Standards Authority received two complaints that the claim was misleading because the iPhone did not support Flash or Java, which are both integral to many web pages.
    Apple said the aim of the ad was to highlight how the iPhone can offer access to all websites, while many other handsets only offer lower-level access to WAP versions of sites or those selected by service providers.
    The US technology giant said that Safari, the web browser the iPhone uses, was built to open internet standards.
    Flash and Java technology were not open source, said Apple, adding that it could not ensure compatibility with "every third-party technology in the marketplace".
    The company said none of the content in the ad was Java or Flash-based and that the line "all parts of the internet" meant website availability, "not every aspect of functionality".
    Advertising pre-vetting service Clearcast said the ad had been given the green light for broadcast after a "demonstration and the advertiser's assurances".
    However, the Advertising Standards Authority said that claims made by Apple implied that "users would be able to access all websites and see them in their entirety".
    Because the ad had not explained the limitations of the iPhone, the ASA concluded that "the ad gave a misleading impression of the internet capabilities of the iPhone".
    The ASA ordered that the TV ad must not be broadcast again in the same form.

Watch ad for Apple iPhone that has been banned by the Advertising Standards Authority | Media | guardian.co.uk