Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore itune app data

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Restore itune app data
    I have a 2g iphone that I have tried to upgrade from 2.0.2 to 2.1 but have way through the upgrde itune gave an error so I have to do a clean install of 2.1 but before I upgraded I backup my itune app with itune. Is there anyway to restore those itune app data with out clicking on the restore last backup? I have tried it but it just keep rebooting my iphone to the apple screen. I know itune backup the data but where are they located? I am using windows and I know the iphone settings are backup in CDocuments and Settings\(user name)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup but the app data is not located there. Anyone know where I can look for it?

Thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hmm. I believe (if your using the latest iTunes, and maybe 7.7) that iTunes backs up your apps to your registered computer. Meaning that your apps are on your iTunes account. So even if you set it up as a new phone, you should still be able to put the apps on your phone.

Just so that we know for sure, check the "Applications" tab and see whats there.

I'm not sure about manually SSHing your Appstore Apps back on your phone. If worst should come to worst, you can always bite the bullet and download the apps again.
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

Green Apple
    Thanks

edit at the top of itunes scroll down to preference, purchased,

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sorry for not being clear on the first post. It is not the app that I want, it is the save data from the apps.

Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfreak View Post
    Sorry for not being clear on the first post. It is not the app that I want, it is the save data from the apps.

Thanks for the reply.
    i think aptbackup from big boss in cydia does that
    sorry its appbackup
    just looked it up for ya
    Last edited by hkehne; 09-26-2008 at 08:39 AM. Reason: error

Green Apple
    Thanks

I want data that was already backup since I already lost it so backing it up now won't do anything. I guess there is no way.. Oh well.