+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: huge issue, please help!!!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i canceled my mobile me 90 day trail. all my contacts sync through mobileme.com i am scared to turn off my phone and loos my contacts. i cant sync them
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default huge issue, please help!!!
    i canceled my mobile me 90 day trail. all my contacts sync through mobileme.com i am scared to turn off my phone and loos my contacts. i cant sync them with itunes cause they are ( being syncing over the air with mobile me) and if i change the settings on my phone i am scared it will loose them that way.

for some reason, i can still see my contacts on my phone but i am unable to log into mobileme.com anymore.

is there an app out there that will send all files to someone else or somewhere online or something?

i just got a new pc, my laptop is dead. so there isnt a way to get the contacts off that to my new pc..

someone PLEASE help!!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I believe your contacts are saved to your phone(even though they were syncing with mobile me). If you turn the mobile me settings off via iTunes, it will back up your contacts to MS Outlook when you sync. Personally, wirelessly syncing my contacts seems pointless, especially when I connect my phone to alternate my music as often as I do.

Hope I helped, good luck!
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

You're asking a question about contacts......... not a huge issue.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

iPhone? More like MyPhone punklove's Avatar
    Thanks

i think Grassmasta has a good solution for you... but hell, mobileme is a paid service, that means they have customer support- calling them might help.

Thanks

i am not seeing the option to turn off mobileme syncing in itunes anywhere. there is not an option on the info tab anywhere for this.

contacts ARE a huge issue. what use will the phone be ( other than apps ) if i have no numbers to call. i have 200+ contacts i need.

customer support said they cant do anything for me. my account is not active anymore so giving me another trial or 1 day membership wouldnt do me anygood since my personal mobileme account is gone, so is the data..

cant i SSH into my iphone and see a contacts folder, copy it and then upload it after a restore or something

i am in desperate need here people, please help me out. i am sure you all would flip if you woke up and your contacts were gone one morning. i KNOW you would

will this save my address book?

/var/root/Library/AddressBook/AddressBook.sqlitedb
    Last edited by tha5150; 09-25-2008 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Plug in your iphone, allow it to sync. Go to the "info" tab regarding your iphone. Check the sync contacts box, and select "windows contacts". This should not only copy your contacts to ms. outlook, but it should copy any contacts in outlook to your phone.

Good Luck!
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

Thanks

i do appreciate your help grass... but that option isnt there. i just restored the phone on another laptop i have from 2 months ago. heh. and it didnt have any contacts. so i have nothing now. but i do have that file i meantioned above and i am going to throw it into my phone via SSH and hope for the best.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

When syncing to a new computer or contact list iTunes gives you the option to "merge" or "replace". If you pick "merge" then nothing is ever deleted. Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

replacing that addressbook file will work, but, you want to sync with your MS address book or something to keep a backup for the future.

you did have 90 days to do that in the first place?

oh, and i sync my contacts on my mac with address book, and also sync them with google contacts as a backup (and because i think android is gonna take over the mobile phone world)

oh, and i sync my contacts on my mac with address book, and also sync them with google contacts as a backup (and because i think android is gonna take over the mobile phone world)
    Last edited by reeko; 09-25-2008 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker