+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NoMoreSpaceBarBadVirusOnIPhone!!!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
my 16 gig 2G iphone is almost useless ... my space bar in SMS and SAFARI will not work after catching a virus!! I would like to WARN people of
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default NoMoreSpaceBarBadVirusOnIPhone!!!
    my 16 gig 2G iphone is almost useless ... my space bar in SMS and SAFARI will not work after catching a virus!!

I would like to WARN people of this!!! it may happen to you!!!
    I am not sure what exactly was installed form Cydia or installer that caused this malfunction as my buddy was using my iphone when it happened.. could have been a sms app called PYSL or any number of fancy new keyboards from customize or some other random act of god.. what i do know is its not a hardware/screen issue as all other apps work fine with the keyboard as well as i am able to launch apps from the dock... so im sure my iphone screen is perfect and there is no glitch in the touch layer of the screen..

IF YOU HAVE ANY CLUE HOW TO FIX OR WHAT CAUSED THIS PLEASE POST!

I have updated up to 2.1 and back down to 1.0
    DFU restored to 2.1 ,1.1.4 2.0 ect.
    installed and un-installed all apps i have ever used from cydia and installer.
    basicly tryed all i know how to wipe any virus/glitch from the iphone and reload a clean firmware but nothing has worked.. I have also replace stock keyboard-common.artwork again nothing fixed my problem!

Thanks for the help in advance and BEWARETHISDOESNOTHAPPENTOYOU!!!!NOSPACEBARSUCKS!!!

SO IT TURNS OUT IT WAS A HARDWARE ISSUE APPLE REPLACED NO PROBLEMS!! THANKS FOR THE HELP MMI USERS!
    Last edited by xenbomb; 09-29-2008 at 03:51 AM. Reason: update
    huh

Thanks

dfu restore to 2.1 doesnt fix it?
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no luck with that either! very weird
    huh

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i bet psyl did it. It screw up my phone in the past. Did you try to factory restore it than use custom firmware?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Ok... you might try building a custom firmware and uncheck the box for "disable partition wipe" which will do a a complete reformat of the drive rather than an install over what's there.

My iPhone is a Part of Me dirtybird1977's Avatar
    Thanks

Make sure you set up as "New Phone" after restoring to 2.1 I guarantee that you are restoring from back up which is just reloading your problem every time.

Most likely you or your buddy installed a custom keyboard that was incomplete.

I would not be so quick to call simple user error viruses. Viruses are a whole different story then what you experiencing.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok poseidon will try now.. also dirtybird i tried " new phone already " thanks guys !! cross fingers..
    huh

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

is your phone under warentee still? If so as a LAST resort you could "fry" it so it can even be turned on and bring it in to apple for a new one. To do that turn on the phone take a q-tip with rubbing alcohol and wipe the bottom ports. Since appple will not be able to turn it on they will give you a new one. You need to also not take no for an answer in the stores

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well thats a last resort although i do like a good game of fix the iphone so ill keep trying for a few days! Good idea buggin!!
    huh

Thanks

ok, so your title is ridiculously funny because of the no space , so I was assuming that you was typing from the phone but, then your body text is perfectly spaced until your last statement, so now I think your just being funny with those two parts...

My iPhone is a Part of Me dirtybird1977's Avatar
    Thanks

You said you replaced the Keyboard-Common.artwork with a stock file. But, did you also replace the Keyboard-Latin.artwork? You have to replace both of those.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any other sugestions guys!!! come one PROS chime in!!!
    huh

Thanks

Give me details. What firmware is the phone currently on? Is it jailbroken? Does the keyboard work in landscape mode? Post a screenshot of the keyboard.
    Open the ipod application and click where the keyboard would be, does that part of the screen work?
    Last edited by 461am; 09-27-2008 at 12:26 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 461am For This Useful Post:

xenbomb (09-27-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok i have tried all firmwares updated and dfu restored to all some of them twice just for good measure.. currently on 2.1 quick pwned in safari it works in landscape but none of the apps that use jeyboard will let me use the space bar or any other keys on the lower rowin fact in the sms app if i open up a conversation that the keyboard in not up.. i cant even click the box to pull up the keyboard.. all other apps that part of the screen work fine so i know its not hardware..

yes ipod works... homescreen the dock works.. ect. just keyboard is effected,,
    Last edited by xenbomb; 09-27-2008 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    huh