+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Major Help ( Because I'm just totally lost )

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So I figured out that I apparently updated my iTunes and Upgraded the Software in my iPhone which is why it's stuck on the itunes connect thing must insert a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Major Help ( Because I'm just totally lost )
    So I figured out that I apparently updated my iTunes and Upgraded the Software in my iPhone which is why it's stuck on the itunes connect thing must insert a Sim card.
    Now.
    This was Months ago, and So I am hoping SOMEONE knows how I can get past this.. I have the 8GB iPhone the oldd one I guess you could say.
    If you can please tell me what I can Do; please tell me in Detail , I didn't hack this phone to begin with my Father did, and guess where he is now, Kuwait! So I'm just stuck here.
    Its still frozen on the Itunes logo and the USB wire with an arrow from the USB wire to the iTunes logo on the screen of my iPhone
    If you provide me a LINK, please make sure it is something that someone with no expierence or knowledge on this subject can fully understand and follow
    Thank you quite much

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

that shouldnt be a problem, go download itunes 7.5 go download 1.1.4 firmware or wht ever version u woulod like. If you want 2.1 u will need new itunes. but for pre 2.0 u will want itunes 7.5. OKok so now that you have itunes 7.5 and 1.1.4 f/w u will want to have ur phone pluged in itunes should see phone it will say needs to be restored. ithink u will hold the control button and shift buttons then click restore and then just show it where ur firmware file u downloaded is and restore. than re jailbreak. got any more question u can PM me. good luck..
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Now see
    You've made me MORE confused.
    That wasn't very helpful for a person like me
    Dx

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Good Luck finding help this way buddy.
    Search for guidance on this site. They are there.
    Read up on everything that you run into...eventually you will understand more about the iphone.

I would recommend you to update the phone to the latest firmware 2.1.

Here's start...
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...e-2-1-faq.html

Thanks

Follow these directions. They are for Mac but they can be done on PC with Winpwn. The first step will be to visit blog.iphone-dev.org and download either winpwn (PC) or pwnage (Mac). Then you will need the itunes 2.X firmware (X for either 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2 or 2.1) Then with winpwn or pwnage, you will need to build a custom firmware. Follow the guide I am providing. Then once the building is done (automatically done by the software), you will need to SHIFT click restore (For PC) or Option Click restore (for Mac) and pick the newly created custom firmware and let itunes restore the firmware.

OK, here is what you need to do if you have an iphone 2G with 3.9 bootloader and unlocked using ziphone. Therefore, never been pwned.
    -First, connect your current iphone to itunes. Back up everything. (Sync your accounts).
    -Next, go into user/library/itunes and create a folder named "device support". If its already there, then delete everything in it.
    -Now download the proper 2.0 ipsw file from this forum.
    -Donwload the 3.9 and 4.6 bin files from this forum.
    -Place everything on your desktop.
    -Download Pwnge 2.0
    -Open up pwnge 2.0
    -Select the first option (iphone) but in expert mode
    -browse your computer to locate the 2.0 ipsw file.
    -Next in general tab, use enable baseband update
    -In bootloader, checkmark the box for update the bootloader and checkmark upgrade to 4.6.
    -Finally, pick build and hit the next button.
    -Pwnage will ask you to locate both the 3.9 and 4.6 bin files. Locate them manually (Make sure they were unzipped first)
    -Then it will ask you to find a location to save the new custom ipsw file.
    -Hit save and Pwnage will build the custom firmware in the selected saved location.
    -Pwnage will ask you for your administrative password to finalize the process.
    -Once the process is done, you will get a prompt telling you to plus in your iphone using your usb.
    -Follow the steps on screen to put your phone into DFU mode.
    -Pwnage will tell you it successfully found your phone in DFU mode
    -Next, close Pwnage and open up Itunes.
    -Option click the restore button and locate your new custom firmware.
    -Let itunes do its thing.
    -Once the process is done, your iphone will boot into 2.0 software but don't touch it yet.
    -Bootloader will do its thing by flashing your iphone to the proper baseband (4.6)
    -Do not touch your computer while this is happening even if Itunes is asking you to set up a new iphone.
    -Once the flashing has been done, your phone will be unlocked, activated and jailbroken.
    -If you have two macs like I do, I did the pwnage on one and had my back up on another.
    -Plug in your iphone and itunes should tell you to restore your phone with previous settings (contacts, pictures etc.)
    -Choose, restore and let the iphone get all of your data back.
    -You will notice a new tab for application.
    -Checkmark "sync all applications".
    -Get your apps from the itunes store.

Enjoy, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me @ [email protected]

Using Rogers in Canada and the pwnage 2.1 worked flawlessly.
    reply* *

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you very much I'll have to try this when I get back home from my classes on campus!
    I did look over it though and was confused as to the part where you would say ; From this forum, so I'm asking for better clarification on that please.