Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Selling but want to deactivate itunes and app store via iphone?

Question Selling but want to deactivate itunes and app store via iphone?
    OK heres my question, I recently bought a 3G via ebay was brand new activated by seller sent to me with no sim card etc. yesterday I used quickpwn to jailbreak and today got a universal sim adapter and used a tmobile pre-paid sim card and it worked but now that I have seen both the 1st gen and the 3G I like the 1st gen better, plus I wont be going with att so cant use 3G speed anyway..before I sell the 3G (blk 8gig)I want to be sure that its not connected to my itunes and app store account as it is right now but thought it would be nice to sell as jailbroken ? is there a way to "unauthorize" just the 3G because I also sync my 1st gen through same itunes account?? right now all you have to do is go to the app store via the 3G and DL apps in my name??

Thanks for any help.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]

Thanks

you probably want to do a clean restore before selling, so do that and use quickpwn or restore to pwned firmware.

to remove your details from the itunes and appstore account, open itunes, click store and then sign out.

sync your iphone now, and when you open appstore and itunes on iphone there should be no account linked.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

3. The Following User Says Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:

pitbulvig (09-22-2008)

Thanks AGAIN for the help!! Thats what I will do, ...lol......Ill let you know if I get it wrong? oops, I mean right : )
    [FONT="Arial Black"]

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

or you can just restore to a stock firmware and jailbreak it but leave it unactivated and let the buyer activate it with their sim card

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    or you can just restore to a stock firmware and jailbreak it but leave it unactivated and let the buyer activate it with their sim card
    If I do that do I just restore and then after jaibreak when itunes opens just stop and unplug it from the USB? Also either way I go do I still do shift/ restore after making customs fw in quickpwn? Or can I just use the custom fw I made yesterday and shift/restore to that?
    [FONT="Arial Black"]

Thanks

if the phones been pwned before, just shift/restore to the custom firmware.

just either don't sync or give the phone a name. and if you do, make sure your signed out of itunes.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

8. The Following User Says Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:

pitbulvig (09-23-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    if the phones been pwned before, just shift/restore to the custom firmware.

just either don't sync or give the phone a name. and if you do, make sure your signed out of itunes.
    That's what I was thinking. Because I already made the custom fw when I pwned last time, So no dfu just shift/restore to the custom fw and set up as new phone give it a name (3G) and if I continue sync sign out of store first and uncheck everything I normally sync with my 1st ten iPhone , I think I finally got it right, I sell a lot on eBay mostly zippo lighters etc so I guess I'll just list there tomorrow, I thought about selling it here but then Im not sure how that works or if is a good idea? Thanks AGAIN reeko!! Much appreciated bro.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]