Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: com.apple.mobile.installation.plist freezes my iphone - help

Default com.apple.mobile.installation.plist freezes my iphone - help
    if i go into /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/

and delete
    com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

my phone boots up instantly. but if I do a respring, customize boss prefs, install a update to intelliscreen, or anything else, my phone whitewheel spins at the apple boot logo, and eventually freezes and never boots.

if i SSH in during the apple booting process and delete com.apple.mobile.installation.plist my phone instantly springs on and works, all my apps work, and everything looks normal.

but... i have to delete com.apple.mobile.installation.plist basically anytime it's built in that cache folder.

as well as this issue, I end up locking my phone up and can't fix it unless im at a computer, which is problematic when I am away from my house. I just can't install or reboot or do anything without fear of freezing my phone.

how can I fix this problem? where is this com.apple.mobile.installation.plist coming from? i removed all my icons off springboard with categories / poof and i still get the issues but this time my com.apple.mobile.installation.plist is smaller size in bytes.

I read there was a file or script called cachedel that supposedly removed it on every reboot but I can't find it on cydia or anywhere and I don't really wannt run some random extra file to make my phone work when everyone else has theirs working.

any idea's or anyone else experience this issue and know a good fix? it can't be a phone restore because when i delete the file it boots and everything is working fine. its gotta be a corrupted install of a app or something? duplicate app install? or something??? anyone with ideas? thanks!

iphone OS 2.0.2
    winterboard, quickgold, intelliscreen, 5 icon dock, mobilesubstrate, mobilesafety, etc

i solved it myself, if anyone else has this problem what I did to fix it was go into

private/var/mobile/Applications/
    and delete all the folders in that directory.

then resync with iTunes and it will copy back all your applications.

did this and my phone works beautifully now
    Last edited by zurie; 09-21-2008 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Self-solved.

Thread closed.