+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Music Randomly Stops Playing

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey I have this problem where sometimes while I have headphones plugged in or its plugged into my car with a headphone plug the music will sometimes stop playing and
    Thanks
    Question Music Randomly Stops Playing
    Hey I have this problem where sometimes while I have headphones plugged in or its plugged into my car with a headphone plug the music will sometimes stop playing and I will have to push play again. Once I saw the signal bars update at the same time that it stopped playing, but that could have been a coincidence. It doesnt do it as much after I restart it, but it started doing it without headphones too one time and I have some sort of feeling that its connected to when it switches towers because it almost never does it when I am at home and when I am driving it could happen twice in a song or once every 2 songs.
    I think it has only stopped once while i was watching movies though.
    if anyone knows what im talking about lemme know
    it even stops while its in the ipod mode or locked so i just started leaving it on so that i can push play again when it stops which is anyoing because i have to bring my car charger now hahahah dammit....

so yeah i used pwnage tool to make a custom 2.0 5A347 ipsw and i installed some cydia apps and no itunes apps and thats pretty much it
    Last edited by ChrisAyad; 09-21-2008 at 12:20 AM. Reason: add

Thanks

Does it make a sound like a scratching record as the song ends? I had this happen to me before.. Either it just randomly stopped or I stopped listening to music haha . i am on 2.0.1, Perhaps this is fixed in 2.1?
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on twitter-@danvicente