Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery Life Issues

Default Battery Life Issues
    My battery life barely reaches two days standby + minimal talk before I need another full charge. How's everyone else finding their battery lives on the phone? I was thinking to try to order a replacement battery (Ive already taken the back casing off and put it back on so it wouldnt be hard to acces) Has anyone done this or know of a place to order a new battery?

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

it needs to be solderred in, so you cant really swap it on the fly

why not just charge it every night while you sleep?

Well I can personally tell you that this is my third iphone. With my first one I would surf the web and play youtube and things to test battery life and i never even made it to 4 hours if i were surfin the web and playing youtube video. So I took it in to the Apple Store they gave me an replacement phone brand new out the box. So again I used it for almost 2 weeks and decided to see how long it would last without needing a charge. Well this phone I just surfed the web non stop for about almost 3 hours battery shows 20%. I said to myself maybe im just one unlucky guy and I went in to the Apple Store again and once again they gave me a brand new phone out the box. So I tried it again and I get just about the same results, if you are gonna surf the web non stop you won't get the 6hours of internet use they tell you about in the specs. I have yet to test the ipod or video player mode but i know youtube will drain your battery quick. I have never seen these results of 2 days before charging like some people caim, I get the most usage out of my phone when it's on standby while im working and by the time my battery dies the usage metter will say like 15 hours standby 4 hours of usage. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! I would really like to know how long other users battery life last... And I haven't hacked my iphone yet so thats not part of my issue here.

Well I can personally tell you that this is my third iphone. With my first one I would surf the web and play youtube and things to test battery life and i never even made it to 4 hours if i were surfin the web and playing youtube video. So I took it in to the Apple Store they gave me an replacement phone brand new out the box. So again I used it for almost 2 weeks and decided to see how long it would last without needing a charge. Well this phone I just surfed the web non stop for about almost 3 hours battery shows 20%. I said to myself maybe im just one unlucky guy and I went in to the Apple Store again and once again they gave me a brand new phone out the box. So I tried it again and I get just about the same results, if you are gonna surf the web non stop you won't get the 6hours of internet use they tell you about in the specs. I have yet to test the ipod or video player mode but i know youtube will drain your battery quick. I have never seen these results of 2 days before charging like some people claim, I get the most usage out of my phone when it's on standby while im working and by the time my battery dies the usage meter will say like 15 hours standby 4 hours of usage. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! I would really like to know how long other users battery life last... And I haven't hacked my iphone yet so thats not part of my issue here.
    Last edited by rewired1980; 08-31-2007 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Simple quick question and I'm off....is there a way to change the battery icon from the icon to a percentage? It would be easier to see the percentage left then trying to figure it out via the little battery icon.

Thanks!
    <--- I'm new so don't hit me just yet.