+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Three Questions

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I wasn't kidding 1. I just want to load some movies onto my iPhone for viewing during a flight on Saturday. I'm at home in Europe, so I'm not connecting
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Three Questions
    I wasn't kidding

1. I just want to load some movies onto my iPhone for viewing during a flight on Saturday. I'm at home in Europe, so I'm not connecting to iTunes from my own computer, so this PC here wants to delete all the content on my iPhone before syncing with it. I want to avoid that.

2. Then again, I thought.. I'm only syncing video, and I don't have any video currently on my iPhone. Can I sync video only without affecting music and photos?

3. Lastly, does the iTunes store already have movies that are formatted specifically for the iPhone's screen? Or do I simply purchase movies in full and then have iTunes move them over to the iPhone, including the small-screen video conversion?

Thanks

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Purchase movies in full. There is a utility called.. uh... SwapTunes, which lets you sync with two iTunes libraries.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

See, I was hoping Apple would make movies in iPhone size available for less money.. but oh well

And thanks for the other tip as well.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

1. Exactly what you need here:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread....highlight=sync

2. If you only had Videos checked in iTunes and "Only sync selected items" or something, it might work, but I wouldn't risk it. Try the above solution.

3. Not sure, I think you could just do full-size, but a reduced size would be nice so it would take up less room... There might be a video iPod/iPhone specific format, but I wouldn't know