+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do you notice getting better reception when your iPhone is plugged in?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
MMSiphone and I have both noticed that no matter what FW we have been on be it 1.3, 1.4, 2.0, or 2.0.1 that every time we plug in our iPhones
    Thanks
    Default Do you notice getting better reception when your iPhone is plugged in?
    MMSiphone and I have both noticed that no matter what FW we have been on be it 1.3, 1.4, 2.0, or 2.0.1 that every time we plug in our iPhones they get noticeably better reception, and a bit more when they are plugged in with the dock. We both have EDGE iPhones, and this just boggles me. My theory is that because it's plugged in it could possibly amp up the power of the antenna, but if that's the case I would like to know why there isnt a setting to have that extra "boost" even at the expense of battery life, or at the very least a file we could toggle and have it use the "boost" all the time. Have any of your guys noticed this too?
    Tune in
    Turn on
    Drop out

Thanks

no, I've never noticed this (nor do I believe this actually happens). This reception business is bordering on stupid. Next someone'll come around and say that their reception is better when they hold their phone upside down.

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 461am View Post
    no, I've never noticed this (nor do I believe this actually happens). This reception business is bordering on stupid. Next someone'll come around and say that their reception is better when they hold their phone upside down.

hahahah good one ...