Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unexpected Gratification

Default Unexpected Gratification
    So, this is my first post in here, and I think it's for good reason. J wanted to share my unusual experience with everyone, and see what you all had to say about it.

Anyway, I decided today to update my iPhone 2G to firmware 2.1, through Quickpwn for Windows. I was previously running firmware 2.0.2, but I knew it was time to move on. So, I downloaded Quickpwn, and then plugged in my iPhone. I was running the iTunes version right before iTunes 8, and when I upgraded my phone, it kindly informed me that if I wanted to use the phone with iTunes, I would need to upgrade iTunes. So I did.

I assumed that the update to the iPhone hadn't gone through, because it was still unlocked and jailbroken, and I could still send text messages.

iTunes finished downloading, and the iPhone appeared in the list of devices, and it immediately started syncing. I stopped the sync, and was shocked to see that my phone was currently up to date, running firmware 2.1.

The funny, and strange, thing is, I never went through the unlocking/jailbreaking process with Quickpwn. I never even started the application. But my phone is working, unlocked, but it doesn't have Cydia, or Installer on it.

Just wondering what you all think.

Thanks!

Thanks

haha. That's because the baseband didn't change for 2g phones. So unlocked stays unlocked, but the jailbreak goes away.